Todays ride

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mart

Re: Todays ride

Post by Mart »

I got a few more miles in my legs this weenend (just 20 or so) - recovery progressing slowly. Tea at the point where I turned to come home was quite an incentive

Burty - If your riding over to the Chase, give me a shout and I will do the same and meet you there (Im coming from Burton direction)
2924 miles per Gallon
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Saturday was 35km on the road. Generally steady but with one hardish effort up frogatt hill. Which I really felt in my legs on Sunday 48km on the Mtb to meet up with family at chatsworth for a spot of river swimming.
burty

Post by burty »

just a local 20 mile one tonight, dodging doggers and dog sh*t,
quite a few trees sprouting bags of poop :???:
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

burty wrote:quite a few trees sprouting bags of poop :???:
Why do people do that, just who do they think is going to remove it! Makes my blood boil. Be better if they left it on the ground, at least it would decay and dissappear in a couple of weeks. Time the government made a new public information film if you ask me.
AdMan

Post by AdMan »

83km loop around Calderdale, Ogden, Hebden bridge and Todmorden , met Ben for most of it until he skidded along the tarmac on his front :roll:
Teenage Dirtbaggin'
Pinnacle Ramin One
Orange five 29er pro
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Standard loop round by Ryvoan but clockwise for a change. That always gives the best views.

burty

Post by burty »

70 miles today , home to Cannock and back via various lanes and bridleways ,
all helps get some miles in the legs as I am seeing how the other half live doing normal events .
even entered mountain mayhem , I will guess by the 3rd lap I will be bored , so I will have to hit the doughnut stand each lap.
Mart

Post by Mart »

Knee recovery progress: another ride in the bag with little after effects :-bd
With a bit more work, I might have this injury thing sussed
2924 miles per Gallon
Ian

Post by Ian »

Got an hour in at Haldon Hill this evening: red + blue trails. It was an absolute blast :cool:
First time riding the Bahookie full tilt and techy singletrack. It was ACE. Grin inducing handling - just brilliant :grin:
Bearing in mind I'm hardly on top of things fitness-wise currently, I picked a long string of PR's: https://www.strava.com/activities/307282871/

--
Knee recovery progress: another ride in the bag with little after effects :-bd
Nice one Mart - having just come back from knee injury myself, I appreciate how good it's feeling to be riding pain free!
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Mart wrote:Knee recovery progress: another ride in the bag with little after effects :-bd
I'm having to take another enforced couple of weeks off to let mine try and recovery. It's really frustrating. :(
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Had an evening ride last night. First one for ages due to riding (usually the long way) to work. It's was ace!

Just a hour and a half nimble round the peak. Also despite having gears rode it all in 30-17 gear to see how that feels as a single speed ratio. Was ok I think
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Not much done lately, one sunset ride last Saturday and 65KM singlespeed ride yesterday to the Anderton Boat Lift
Mart

Post by Mart »

a few more miles for my recovering knee. It was sore this wk but the Physio said I've NOT done any more damage, just a reaction to doing a few more miles, so happy with that.
Oh and got a puncture with the knard on the front. That tyre is not agreeing with me!
2924 miles per Gallon
burty

Post by burty »

80 miles today, ended up Cannock for dinner, got chased by cows on the way back :o (not all the way),
8 punctures but they were all at once, 11 hours in total.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Evening ride along the Wirral coastline, wish I took my fatbike as the tide was out :cry:

Gari

Post by Gari »

Great ride from home and over the Dava Moor via Carrbridge, around the southern shore of Lochindorb and back to Grantown for coffee. Back then via Nethybridge, Boat of Garten and the Spey Way. 78km on a very windy day, on the tops at least. Dry though so that's something!!

Road over Dava moor from Carrbridge.

Lochindorb. Pretty windy.

Alexander Stewart, also known as the Wolf of Badenoch's castle on Lochindorb. A thoroughly "bad hat", the legend is that the dungeons in the castle were built just below the waterline, thus if prisoners wanted/fell to sleep they would drown!!

Storm just passing me, must have been lost!
A Dragoon on the Dava Way.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

up early and out the hoose by 5:40 this morning, and a few miles on the way home adds up to 84km/1775m which seems ok for a school day :-)

I was watching those blue dots earlier on and had to convince myself to have a proper ride home rather than a 2km coast down the hill. If I want to be one of those blue dots this time next year I need to get some miles in!
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

40 miles on empty first thing (ish), met my old man and bought us both a full English breakfast, then 26miles home.
Thus bringing my total mileage for the month to over 1,000. That's 1,000 miles in May done! Bit of a cheat being I live in the flatlands of Essex, but over 200 of those miles were Bikepacking on the MTB in Scotland or Wales.
paramart

Post by paramart »

quick blip round the peak district with the wmmtb club, bit damp and a gentle breeze but the fatboy destroyed the climbs, and flew on the downhills love the area :-bd
it's not that I can and others can't, it's that I will and others won't.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

A couple of hours out it the elements yesterday evening...vicious headwind restricted me to 10mph most of the time. A good test for the RAB Flashpoint jacket - ended up with damp arms, but the core stayed warm.

Greetz

S.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Lovely chilled out loop on the Gower today. Got up early doors, promptly misjudged the timing on high tide, skipped some beaches, found some new singletrack and swam in the sea. It was ace :-bd
60 something km's
burty

Post by burty »

a sunny but very windy 67 miles on the ss ,
a bit flat and spiny in places, but mostly off rd
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Just a quick one last night. Back on the road bike as it has gears and my knee isn't appreciating my singlespeed

JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Yesterday, not today and not my 1st choice of music. :cry:

http://vimeo.com/130587712
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

42 miles in the Merseyside sand dunes and beaches nearly 1000ft of climbing as well