FFS no one needs this.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

woodsmith

Re: FFS no one needs this.

Post by woodsmith »

Lazarus wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:55 am Of course our bikes are a vehicle but they are not motorised nor are we attempting to sleep in our vehicle
Unless its a fecking eBike. :???:
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

On a whimsical note, if you use your wheels as supports for your tarp, would that count as sleeping in your vehicle?
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

is debatable
Not really ( though we can debate anything even a flat earth) as it's not written to catch us ;we are not using motorised vehicle and it exempts us from it.
As.for the war protestors they were clearly sleeping rough( this was why it was applied ) so it was used as intended on who it was intended. .
PLEASE NOTE : I am not against direct action( big fan actually as it works ) nor supporting Tories the state or wars.
I don't think anyone on here is going to be troubled by this law ( which I hate and consider racist )
rudedog

Post by rudedog »

6 pages on this :grin:
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Lazarus wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:17 pm
is debatable
Not really.... ;we are not using motorised vehicle and it exempts us from it.

woe betide any one using an E-bike... :shock:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Rob S

Post by Rob S »

ScotRoutes wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:42 am
Rob S wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:14 pm
Another curious one for a Friday: "Landowners may give permission to a wildcamper. The tragic problem is that they probably shouldn't. By giving that permission, they are also accepting a 'duty of care' over you, and therefore a degree of responsibility should anything go wrong". I wonder how true that is?
Reg, landowners have a certain level of 'duty of care' whether you are there with their permission or not.
This was a hot topic when the Land Reform (Scotland) Act was being debated. There was a fear that landowners would be responsible for everything that happened to anyone on their land.
They aren't.
It may be different up north and different again for access land. But while a landowner isn't liable for slips and trips, they are responsible for things that could reasonably be seen as a hazard, and 'so far as is reasonably practicable', they must introduce measures to control or eliminate those risks. This is a real life example:

A business owner dug a large pond in a field to store waste water for processing. A teenager and his dog trespassed onto the land, the boundary was defined by a low fence in poor condition. The dog jumped into the pond and couldn't get out due to the steep sides and drowned. The HSE were involved and the business owner had to erect a two metre metal fence around the boundary, a less robust barrier with warning signs around the pond and provide life rings and a way of exiting the pond in case anyone slipped in.
Last edited by Rob S on Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP

Post by RIP »

rudedog wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:49 pm 6 pages on this :grin:
Feels like 60. But hey, far more entertaining than Eastenders (whatever that is) :-bd .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Rob S

Post by Rob S »

RIP wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:06 pm
rudedog wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:49 pm 6 pages on this :grin:
Feels like 60. But hey, far more entertaining than Eastenders (whatever that is) :-bd .
So is watching paint dry :lol: