Zippy

Re: Cafe Racer GR are GO.

Post by Zippy »

Have a good one everyone, see you at the next event instead Image
Mike

Post by Mike »

:-bd
Me slarge scattamah and tom harper are sat in the triangle having beers and dinner. Good days riding but shitbound trails off road. Have a good evening to those out there. A night in the chapel planned for us :)
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Great days riding , our group has grown to 7! From the original 4, great route planning from reg and pickers

https://ridewithgps.com/trips/20081058

One of the 7 is Dillan, 10 years old and a beast on the climbs :-bd Many thanks to the staff at the cafe for tea and cake, and indeed to Dee and Stu
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Mike wrote::-bd
Me slarge scattamah and tom harper are sat in the triangle having beers and dinner. Good days riding but shitbound trails off road. Have a good evening to those out there. A night in the chapel planned for us :)
Showoff! :lol:

Cath and I managed to find an abandoned farm - the various buildings could probably have accommodated everyone who turned up this weekend. :-bd

We stopped in the right hand room -

Oh, and many thanks once again to Dee and Stu for organising everything.
Last edited by whitestone on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Can't seem to find Stu's number, but just to say, the idiot that left his cycling gear in a dry bag by the school entrance... was me. :oops:
mechanicaldope

Post by mechanicaldope »

Excellent weekend! Cheers Stu and Dee. Met a bunch of great people off here. Is probably one of the most social rides I've ever been on. Didn't get to the Cafe unfortunately due to the ability / planning thing but settled down for a good evening in the Mid Wales Inn then a bivvy in the garden behind the community centre. Full English breakfast back in the pub then decamped as a children's football game started in the community centre :lol:
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

A short ride for me, but a great bivvi out in Hafren made it all seem to make sense.

Thank you Stu and Dee for putting on another event for us unwashed.

Now sat at home with a brew and a rather excellent piece of spiced apple cake... Lovely!

Si
burty

Post by burty »

thanks stu and dee ,
had a lot to do today at home so finished my ride off late last night instead of stopping out ,
but had a good ride and cake all the same . :-bd
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Big thanks to Stu and Dee for hosting the Cafe Racer...bloody good excuse to go pedal my bike.

Also, thanks to Gareth and co. at the Star for keeping the beer flowing into the small hours and allowing me to pass out on the floor. Most unexpected, but most appreciated.

Greetz

S.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

I was a bit rude to someone in the cafe at Bwlch y Sarnau in that I forgot to ask who you were! We were just on our way out as you sat down and chatted to me. This would have been about 1730.
slarge

Post by slarge »

Thanks Stu and Dee, another great excuse to get out into the hills.

And thanks Mike, Scott, Tom and briefly Mark, had a really enjoyable weekend, loads of trails, quiet lanes, uphills, downhills, flat bits, cake, food, beer and a little religious blessing. The cafe at Bwylch was a godsend as it was cold, wet and dark, lots of friendly people in there and the hot soup rather good. Apologies to Mark for pushing the pace a little, and a great race against 10 year old Dylan on the way back to Llanbrynmair (I had to let him win).

Even the sun came out on Sunday to shine on those who cleansed our souls in the chapel :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

It was lovely to see so many folk this weekend, both old faces and new and it was also nice to see so many smiling ones ... so, thank you to all for helping write yet another page of bikepacking lore.

I have a drybag containing Richard's 5:10's which I'll post out to whoever offers me the most money before noon tomorrow.

I also have a waterproof that I think belongs to Cath, which I shall put in the post.

Once again, thank you all :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:I have a drybag containing Richard's 5:10's which I'll post out to whoever offers me the most money before noon tomorrow.
Given they're my old pair which have done about 15,000 miles... I suspect you'd have to pay someone to take them. :lol:

Unless they have a seriously strange fetish... :o

(Unrelated, thanks as always to everyone involved. Including this year, the staff at the Cafe!)
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Stu, if the jacket's a greenish yellow Madison waterproof then it's probably Cath's. Chew dropped us an email about it.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Another great event.
Many thanks Stu and See you are very good people.

We did a big loop and stopped at Clearddu Bothy.
The views this morning on the descent to the West were amazing. We must have had the slowest downhill speed on that section as we just had to keep stopping to take in the views.

The Two Hoots Cafe at Devils Bridge was a god send for those of us travelling light and should be made a Bear Bones favourite. It was a lot warmer that the official Cafe Racer cafe ;-)
Pickers

Post by Pickers »

I was a bit rude to someone in the cafe at Bwlch y Sarnau in that I forgot to ask who you were! We were just on our way out as you sat down and chatted to me. This would have been about 1730.
Hi Bob, that might've been me - no worries at all, it looked as though you were in the middle of getting your stuff together. I was a bit preoccupied as well as I had cake to go at!
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Thanks for a great ride in an ever expanding group, one of the most enjoyable rides I’ve been on. A special mention to Dillian ‘the destroyer’ a credit to his father. Not only is he seriously fast ( especially up hill ) he also has the Bearbones spirit “ We don’t leave anyone behind”
Till next time....

https://flickr.com/photos/147258524@N05 ... 1477619124

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o8itaodj90jg ... VkyDa?dl=0

If anyone in our group wants to email me any pictures I can add them to the Dropbox folder for us all to share

Email to my forum-name @gmail.com

The scores in the doors......

Outbound
https://ridewithgps.com/trips/20081058

Inbound
https://ridewithgps.com/trips/20103211
Last edited by BigdummySteve on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
samcallard

Post by samcallard »

Joe and I had a loop that took in both the café and the bothy at Nant Rhys. Bit of a dark slog from the café to the bothy, but thankful to be able to have a fire and watch all that steam come off the shoes and socks.

Thanks Stuart and Dee, and everyone else involved. It was good to get out and feel tender sitting down today.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Yep THAAAAAANKS StuNDee, bonkers weekend. Will do a writeup of our mob asap.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Another huge thanks from me for Dee and her cheery car park wavings, Stu and is ceaseless tea making and Chew for NOT wearing a mini-skirt.

Top weekend slightly ruined by some liar who opened our shed door at 1 in the morning announcing he had beer and pizza when he didn't.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Dave Barter wrote: some liar who opened our shed door at 1 in the morning announcing he had beer and pizza when he didn't.
How can you substantiate this. I bet at some point in the past he had some beer and pizza - the fact that he didn't have any unconsumed pizza and beer for others may be a bit annoying, but does not make him a liar! :lol: :mrgreen:
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Dave Barter wrote:Another huge thanks from me for Dee and her cheery car park wavings, Stu and is ceaseless tea making and Chew for NOT wearing a mini-skirt.

Top weekend slightly ruined by some liar who opened our shed door at 1 in the morning announcing he had beer and pizza when he didn't.
Personally I think Chew was wavering on that one :lol:

I think you misheard the chap at the door, he said "he'd had beer and pizza" :wink:
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I did not mishear "Uncle Dave are you awake, I've got beer and pizza"
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Mike

Post by Mike »

when he showed up at our gaff he never teased us with beers and pizza :lol:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

We slummed it as well :wink:

We had the bothy all to ourselves, until two other BB'ers arrived after we had called it a night.