The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

barney

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by barney »

My Cumulus quilt arrived the other day.

Very happy with it and doubt I'll use a sleeping bag now except in the winter when the 4 season one will come out to play. :-bd
Wait for me...
whonickedmename

Post by whonickedmename »

A (mostly) new commute / do-it-all bike which arrived in bits....
Attachments
IMG_0915[1].JPG
(2.35 MiB) Downloaded 632 times
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

whonickedmename wrote:A (mostly) new commute / do-it-all bike which arrived in bits....
How is it? Been looking at getting someone to build me one in purple on cycle to work scheme. Struggled to find any reviews on it though and I won't get another bike for a few years so don't want stuck with a rubbish bike!
whonickedmename

Post by whonickedmename »

It's been fine so far, quite similar to my old Surly Ogre. Plenty of hand positions with the flared drops and it feels sturdy but nimble with it. I've taken a couple of detours on local singletrack and it has coped well.

I didn't find any official reviews but have owned plenty of Genesis bikes and the informal reviews seemed positive :smile:
Artie Fufkin

Post by Artie Fufkin »

Just managed to get down to the sorting office to pick up a nice carbon pole courtesy of that guy in the barn in Wales.
Cheers Stuart, normal high quality!!!!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just managed to get down to the sorting office to pick up a nice carbon pole courtesy of that guy in the barn in Wales.
Cheers Stuart, normal high quality!!!!
Glad it's okay Adam ... I took it upon myself to make it shorter when folded :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Not the post man but a midwife :shock:
We've had a little girl on the 22nd all is well she weighed in @6.13
Now I'm surrounded by girls :lol:
Trying to ride bikes.
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Congratulations, glad all is well, I've got 18 & 16 year old girls,enjoy them
While they're young,they get harder as they get older.....believe it or not,we
Got more sleep when they were younger !! :-bd
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Not quite as exciting as a little person but probably weighs more, a Brooks C17 saddle :-bd

Congratulations on the new arrival, exciting times ahead
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Topeak Mini 20 and a spare mech' hanger for the Arkose ahead of Turin. I've long been a fan of Topeak multitools and this one's lovely, everything you could ever need, very compact and not heavy ... oh and on sale at Evans :-bd
polarcherry

Post by polarcherry »

75g Berghaus waterproof arrived. Medium is a nice tapered fit with long arms (6ft1)

Seen you can get them (as of today) £9 cheaper on sportspursuit. But that wouldn't of arrived in time as I'm off to Slovenia tomorrow :-bd
Adventurer

Post by Adventurer »

Well I've finally got rid of my 2nd faulty SP Dynamo and collected my SON Dynamo.

Old wheel set was a Mavic XC 717 with DT comp spokes which I converted to tubeless with race kings.

Now put the SON Dynamo on a Stans Flow MK3 with DT comp spokes on the race kings.

Only took 5 mins and floor pump to get them seated, well chuffed. Now hopefully the Dynamo will last more than 200 miles use.

https://flickr.com/photos/130449394@N08 ... 2850674706
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

My pre-brexit purchased enlightened quilt arrived today.

Very well made and lofts nicely. I'll be having a clear out and there will be various bags and quilts appearing in the classifieds soon!
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

ianfitz wrote:My pre-brexit purchased enlightened quilt arrived today.

Very well made and lofts nicely. I'll be having a clear out and there will be various bags and quilts appearing in the classifieds soon!
What temp rating is it Ian? (deg C please none of that Fahrenheit nonsense :wink: )
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

whitestone wrote:
ianfitz wrote:My pre-brexit purchased enlightened quilt arrived today.

What temp rating is it Ian? (deg C please none of that Fahrenheit nonsense :wink: )
30f or -1c I'm a fairly cold sleeper so wanted something 3 seasons worthy. It only weighs 450g. The other attraction is the hydrophobic treated down. Plus it has the water resistant 'top and tail' fitted, just bands at the top and bottom.

I've a custom PHD bag which has similar specs but I just prefer quilts. (It will be headed to the classified section soon!)
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

This arrived today. It's pretty nerdy, and that's by my standards :geek:
Attachments
P1000714.JPG
Coating Thickness Tester
(172.97 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Arrived the other day just before moving out of my old apt...a 2nd hand set of M980 trail brakes that look new. Just spotted them on the side in the box jungle and have found the front one will go straight on, but the rear will need a bit of TLC to get the cable to the correct length.

Greetz

S.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Scattamah wrote:a bit of TLC to get the cable to the correct length.
I think you mean hose ;-)
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Thanks Zippy. It's been a long week. Moving is such a ball-ache.

Greetz

S.
tommid

Post by tommid »

Today I took delivery (Well rather collection from a local shop) a pair of Giro Terraduro shoes. I had ordered a new pair of Shimano shoes to replace my much loved old pair, but they were seemingly out of stock and Evans hadn't told me after five days. To their credit they recovered the situation by sorting the Terraduros next day at no extra cost, despite the £20 higher price tag.
I bought them in a size bigger as recommended and initial thoughts are they fit great and are comfy. Easy to walk in and feel a lot more natural. The Vibram soles seem to have loads of grip. I will give them a whirl tomorrow night on a ride and will report back.
My only initial complaint would be the all black lacks a bit of pimp appeal, but I am 37 and should probably be a bit more adult in my apparel choices.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A pair of 2" x 650b Maxxis Re-fuse tyres have arrived on the optimistic assumption that everything in Italy will be lovely.
ctznsmith

Post by ctznsmith »

Some more carbon pegs from Bearbones towers because I left two stuck in the ground in Germany. :???:

Apart from in sand I have to say they work brilliantly.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Well that Berghaus smock's just turned up. The missus took it off the postie so I had to do some quick thinking and said it was a cheapo bit of raingear for taking everywhere for "just in case" (which it is). She went with it luckily because it does indeed look like a bit of tissue paper costing about five quid. Unbelievably gossamer. Tried it (medium) on over a t-shirt and it felt a bit tight and had usual issue with smocks where it's on over my head and I've got my left arm in, up in the air, and I'm trying to get my right arm in with it bent, and the smock's stretched like hell sideways while I pull it down. Anyway, it was very snug indeed and I was a bit panicky about having two layers underneath, which is the most likely scenario. Just tried it with t-shirt and mid fleece and it's just about OK - there's no spare room at all - whereas normally medium is perfect for me. So I won't swap it for a large I think. 75g though. Mental.

Right, having flown my colours in the "minimalism/frugality/whatever" thread, I've got one last (HAH HAH HAH HAH) arrival which I notice I've just got a "despatched" for then that's it forever, no more BP stuff (HAH HAH HAAAAAH). I had to save (natch) for this one by the standard shoving-loose-change-in-a-tin technique because it really is embarrassingly ridiculous and not justified as a just-hand-the-dosh-over purchase.

"Reg"
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
HaYWiRe

Post by HaYWiRe »

Postie brought 2 sets of tiny bottles for decanting, 10x 5ml toothpaste style tubes and 10x 15ml dropper bottles.

I now have a DOPP kit the size of a smartphone consisting of toothpaste, finger toothbrush, E45, 2 prescription creams, hand sanitizer, shampoo, razor, hand towel and tiny nail clippers. All set for my many weekends away. How nerdy :oops:

They were 98p a set, haven't leaked so far, easy to fill and I've still got loads left in gonna give to my partner, or use for bike lubricants.
Dan_K

Post by Dan_K »

HaYWiRe wrote:razor
Razor? For a weekend away? You're doing it wrong! :lol: