Bearstock - Thanks

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

scott of the woods

Re: Bearstock - Thanks

Post by scott of the woods »

After spending the last 2 days in a Sudocrem bath, I thought I’d better send my thanks and appreciation to Dee and Stuart who yet again pulled off another great weekend of bike related mayhem, thank you so much for putting so much hard work, you 2 didn’t stop!
The Tussock Racing was hilarious (to watch) and well done to all that took part, you never know I may enter myself next year, I think young Tom is gonna be a big contender in a few years. The food was amazing on Saturday night, such a variety of great food somehow I missed out on the cheesecake but did have double helping of the coffee cake (send my thanks to the café girls)
I had a great ride back to Rhayader in the sunshine taking it nice and slow to make the most of it, coming through Hafren Forest I bumped into 2 ladies on horseback who were a little lost, they were riding from Hay on Wye to Borth (I think) over 4 or 5 days complete with saddle bags, we chatted a while and I joked we were doing the same thing, although I think their accommodation would be a little more luxurious. With a bit of map pointing and hand waving in the general direction they wanted to go, I wished them well and they headed off towards the picnic area.
As I reached Llangurig the lure of hot food and a pint won me over and dived into the Bluebell for a plate sized Yorkshire Pud filled with beef, veg and tons of gravy, definitely be back there soon. As the pub stop began to take effect, and didn’t fancy the Hike a bike section that someone mentioned to me on Sunday morning, I decided to take cycle route the 15 odd miles back to the car, leisurely scooting along soaking up beautiful scenery.
It was great to meet up with everyone, some new faces, Benp1, Richard G and Javatime who let me tag along with them from sweet Lamb to BB Towers (I wasn’t lost Honest!) Frog at the farriers for great conversation and beer donations, cheers Lou, and some faces from the past Artie Fufkin who endured the 2015 WRT with me and Dr nick who I teamed up for this year’s WRT, it was really great to see you all, Roll on Bearstock 2 !!

Cheers All! :-bd
javatime

Post by javatime »

Well about the same as everyone else, a huge thank you to Stu and Dee for all the work that made a great event.

The Bearstock routes were an excellent idea so thanks also for that extra work Stu.

Good to meet some new people and put faces to the forum names.
ericrobo

Post by ericrobo »

A great do and great company, thank you Stu and Dee, and the catering was really very excellent, especially for the 'funny' eaters !

Thanks for the route back Stu on very quiet roads... I hate roads but this route was very nice indeed (a bit of traffic to get through one or two places but still not too bad)

I made the mistake of trying to go directly south from the Meml in the Berwyns (on Friday)... ok it's what you call 'cheeky' - but I did push the bike for most of the 5 miles or so, and uphill at that, in boggy bog uphill, then along a 2 foot wide board too narrow to push, and far too windy to ride... great scenery though, here's the last hill Moel Sych (looks nice and quiet but it was so windy I could hardly stand up and had to lean the bike at an angle):
ImageIMG_1854 by Eric Robinson, on Flickr

Saturday found us on the reverse leg of the BB200_2015, and I have to complain at this bit as I couldn't do my front crawl with any style whatsoever because the moss kept getting in the way...
Lu is contemplating whether to swim or just push along the bottom:
ImageIMG_1859 by Eric Robinson, on Flickr

And how can you get a puncture when the bike floats along on moss and water ?

A great do, thanks again !

Tony was not too happy at this point ! :mrgreen:
ImageIMG_1860 by Eric Robinson, on Flickr
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

type three fun that Eh Eric :wink: still sufferin from it now tho :roll: :lol:

great pics pal, i'll bounce you some over by email later pal :-bd
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

Many thanks Stu and Dee for all your hardwork organising such a brilliant do.
Managed to ‘Stu’ myself on the route home. After arriving at Sweet Lamb I convinced myself that the gps was taking me down to Rhayader. Imagine my joy at fetching up in Llangurig an hour or so later. I then found Simon Eve et al just crossing the road to the pub having taken the ‘short route’ over.
Pressed on and totalled 125km on Sunday before laying down on the banks of the canal south of Brecon under the stars for a couple of hours.
All in all a brilliant weekend and a chance to meet others.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

yup, seconded! and im still not sure who everyone was tho :???: :lol:
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Slight thread resurrection and a bit off topic but ...

who was it who let my wife have a ride around on their Stooge? What handlebars were on it?
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

who was it who let my wife have a ride around on their Stooge? What handlebars were on it?
Was it a blue one Bob? If so it was probably Mike, so bars would be Stooge 'Moto'.
May the bridges you burn light your way
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

No, I think it was olive in colour - definitely a female owner. She was wearing one of this year's BB jerseys.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

No, I think it was olive in colour - definitely a female owner. She was wearing one of this year's BB jerseys.
That'll be Wenchie Bob, not sure what bars she's got, sorry.

EDIT: Just thought (bit slow today) Wenchie has a pink one ... although I can't think of any women with an olive Stooge :???:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

ive bounced her a message on her farcebook making her aware of this :-bd
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

Hiya - yes it was me who lent my bike to Cath. It was a magenta stooge and the bars are salsa moto. . . I will double check with Shona which ones they are as she built the bike up and put ones on comparable to my on-one og bars. . .tbh I might swap them over to the og bars soon. As I think carbon bars would be great on it.

I have ergon grips on it too. :)