Trans Am

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ianfitz

Re: Trans Am

Post by ianfitz »

ddraver wrote:Lael puuls the gap out from 5 to 7 miles...

I'm thinking this last 100 miles is the equivalent of a final km attack on the road... :wink:
She has 19 miles on him now with only 55 to ride.
ddraver

Post by ddraver »

Has he stopped now or just not updated?

(new at this dot watching so took me a while to realise that they update every hour...)
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

ddraver wrote:Has he stopped now or just not updated?

(new at this dot watching so took me a while to realise that they update every hour...)

If you click the refresh ecery 3 minutes box they update more often that that! Does depend on if the spot gets it tracking message out too, often these are every 10 minutes.

If you hover over the racers icon it will tell you when that position was recorded.
ddraver

Post by ddraver »

Yup, both have updated now. Looks like Stefan is struggling to keep going steady now. Whatever the endurance equivalent of finish line fever perhaps
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Can't believe it will finish today!
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

And we have a winner :-bd
MikeOnabike

Post by MikeOnabike »

Wow. Huge respect for Lael. That lovely gypsy by trade blog inspired me to go from touring to bikepacking. Great to see her nail it.
FLV

Post by FLV »

What a ride, second fastest time ever.
jameso

Post by jameso »

Lael rules : ) was thinking it was only time before a woman proved that the longer the race the more even it gets between the sexes. Great thing for cycling in general I think.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

jameso wrote:Lael rules : ) was thinking it was only time before a woman proved that the longer the race the more even it gets between the sexes. Great thing for cycling in general I think.
Indeed. There's also Lee Craigie's 3rd place in the HT550 and in fell running Jasmin Paris has done the fourth fastest winter Bob Graham Round, the fifth fastest ever summer Bob Graham Round and the fastest ever Ramsay Round (if you aren't in to fell running: both the BGR & RR are 24hr challenges rather than a race)
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

whitestone wrote:
jameso wrote:Lael rules : ) was thinking it was only time before a woman proved that the longer the race the more even it gets between the sexes. Great thing for cycling in general I think.
Indeed. There's also Lee Craigie's 3rd place in the HT550 and in fell running Jasmin Paris has done the fourth fastest winter Bob Graham Round, the fifth fastest ever summer Bob Graham Round and the fastest ever Ramsay Round (if you aren't in to fell running: both the BGR & RR are 24hr challenges rather than a race)
And Nicky Spinks' double BGR record...
"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep's the getting there..."