Loch Etive/Glen Kinglass Circular invitation.

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

sillybigfella

Re: Loch Etive/Glen Kinglass Circular invitation.

Post by sillybigfella »

BOYAKASHA!!!
I’ve been abart a bit
didnothingfatal

Post by didnothingfatal »

My research on these glens suggests it's land rover tracks for the most part. I'll try and post on here when I get to Fort William at the weekend before you go, if there is anything really crappy here!
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Put one Stu in,
Take one Stu out,
Put a Stu in again,
Then cycle roundabout,
Oh,
Do the biking bivi,
Do the biking bivi,
Do the biking bivi,
That's what it's all about.

Any better than "hard house jungle hardcore dance mix" Stu? We could sing it round the campfire ;)
didnothingfatal wrote:My research on these glens suggests it's land rover tracks for the most part. I'll try and post on here when I get to Fort William at the weekend before you go, if there is anything really crappy here!
I believe the worst bit is the end of Glen Kinglass up to Loch Dochard, I read somewhere the path fades a bit in parts but any info is definatley appreciated. I think something called "The McMoab Slab" is up this way to.
sillybigfella

Post by sillybigfella »

Just to add to the going/not going discussions, I'm not going to be able to make the trip now. This would be my fourth trip away this year, and when I told the missus I was going on the same day she had to rescue me on the WRT, it didn't go down well :?
I’ve been abart a bit
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

sillybigfella wrote: when I told the missus I was going on the same day she had to rescue me on the WRT, it didn't go down well :?
Oops :roll: , another time maybe.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Right then, that's my train tickets booked. I am now arriving at The bridge Of Orchy on monday 18 at 20.40 and am going to set up camp just over the bridge on the west side of the river so if your up for a couple of beers Gari i'll see you there otherwise see you tuesday morning, cheers, Ray. :D
Gari

Post by Gari »

Sounds like a plan, beer o'clock in the hotel bar. I'll have 'em on the bar, what's yours?
Gari
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Like my real ales so will see what they have. Will PM my mobile number to you, Ray.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Hi Gari, will I meet you in the hotel bar or at the bivi site? Also a little more info. The hotel does breakfast from 8 so I plan to have breakfast there tues morning to set me up for the day. I am hoping to bivi near the mouth end of Loch Etive, maybe OS 940377 Dubh Loch Beag or there abouts, this means we can get the A85 out of the way first thing on wednesday and pick up breakfast/supplies if needed at Connel or Taynuilt. Does that sound OK to you?