WRT 2016

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

barney

WRT 2016

Post by barney »

Ok I thought it deserved a thread of its own...

Due the weather we all has to park on the fire road, luckily there were no "Italian Job ending" as people turned around. :ugeek:

I rode with Matt (MM-on-point), after the usual pre-events shenanigans we set off. We did have a route planned but soon decided to ditch it when we stumbled on some more scenic options.

The plan was to meander our way down to Machynlleth for tea and then head back out into the woods to bivi. When we arrived and saw the Dyfi Enduro campsite we thought why not... technically bivy'ing is just pitching somewhere you're not supposed to and as everyone else had paid to camp then I figured we were still in the spirit of wild camping (I know there's no rules). So taking in the luxury of port-a-loo's, running water and a band playing music we skipped our boil in the bag meals and decided to have tea in the hotel were the owner even locked our bikes up so double win. :-bd :-bd

After gently drifting off to sleep listening to Dr Feelgood blasting out we both slept really well. Opting against instant porridge we headed back to the hotel to pick up our bikes via the restaurant for a full fry up then it was back to pack away camp.

We thought it would be fun to tag along on the Dyfi grand depart getting a lot of strange looks and people stopping us saying we were "proper hardcore" doing the event with fully laden bikes, ha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We left the peleton on the main road and then once again started on our route but then made it up as we went along to take in some better trails and a rather fun river crossing. Luckily we missed most of the bad weather and arrived back at BBHQ around 3pm knackered but smiling.

Mostly made up as we went along and probably one of the shortest routes but a fantastic weekend.

Cheers to Matt for great company, Stu for another great weekend and thanks to Dee for the lemon drizzle cake and Welsh pronunciation lessons. ~O) ~O) ~O) :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE:

The prize draw was a rather damp affair...

Stopping to get the map out to change route...

Cheeky camping is still wild camping isn't it?

Pre-breakfast coffee...

This just edged out the instant porridge...

Dyfi Enduro & WRT in one weekend, even Ian can't match that!

Wait for me...
Lawmanmx

Re: WRT 2016

Post by Lawmanmx »

how was the Comedy festival ? :lol:
barney

Post by barney »

Lawmanmx wrote:how was the Comedy festival ? :lol:
Gutted to have missed Stuart Lee but met Arthur Smith in the hotel while having tea, he was a good laugh and a top bloke.
Wait for me...
paramart

Post by paramart »

quality :-bd
it's not that I can and others can't, it's that I will and others won't.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I had no idea the Dyfi Enduro was the same weekend. Glad I hadn't gone there on that day.