LOST: Enormous Pair Shimano Mountain Bike Shoes

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Farawayvisions

LOST: Enormous Pair Shimano Mountain Bike Shoes

Post by Farawayvisions »

I bring to you a tale of woe.

My partner Mpolo (Dan), cycled to and from the car park at Picket Post in the New Forest yesterday. When he changed to get into the car, he drove off and left his shoes behind. When he discovered he had no cycling shoes this morning, he drove back to look for them and sadly did not find them. He could not look inside the bins as they are covered.
Perhaps you found them or dumped them?
Please PM me, if you did.
He wears size 48 shoes and has not been able to get a cheap replacement due to his feet being rather large.
Thanks in advance if you can help.
TheBrownDog

Re: LOST: Enormous Pair Shimano Mountain Bike Shoes

Post by TheBrownDog »

Have you posted on STW Meraid?

Tell Dan he's not alone. I lost a brand new front wheel the same way once in my pre-van days when the front came off to get the bike on the roof racks and I drove off leaving it propped against a tree. Almost lost a helmet last year too. I got home from a day at Swinley and there it was on the roof, jammed under the rack. It had survived 45 mins at motorway speeds.
I'm just going outside ...
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

Oh no what a pain.

FYI I have size 49 feet so know the issue. I found Exustar have some relatively cheap shoes in large sizes other brands don't make.

Hope they turn up.
Farawayvisions

Post by Farawayvisions »

Thanks for helping me out and making Dan feel less like a schmuck, Brown Dog.
I couldn't bear to live with his state of misery or the horror of having to use some basic flat pedals I have in the shed.
Despite the unexpected expense, I have encouraged Dan to buy a new pair. I think I deserve the girlfriend of the week award. Anyway, thanks to Moder-dye, Dan will have somewhere new to search for his footwear.

When we were sailing, Dan's shoes were almost falling off his feet as they were so worn out and he tried to buy new shoes in Spain, Portugal and Morocco. It was great fun watching the Moroccans try to squeeze his feet into bright yellow babouches and the giggles his request for size 48 got from female shop assistants in Portugal...

So if we start pedalling around the world, he will have to be very careful with his shoes.
Mpolo

Post by Mpolo »

so it was a good excuse to order a new pair, they had a split in anyway. ordered a pair of shimano XM7s