2016 Teddy bearbones

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

gentjim

Re: 2016 Teddy bearbones

Post by gentjim »

My clan - 4 on lower/wilder field please (two sprogs, me and possibly other half if I can talk her into it, but happy to pay for her even in absentia if required)
wildgecko

Post by wildgecko »

adjustablewench wrote:Would the forest of Dean have any suitable options? For routes/camping
Ione,

The FoD has suitable riding (family trail about 12k, peregrine trail, 5k) and nice campsites (the beeches) but they aren't next to each other! We could do the peregrine trail and camp at Symonds yat east (or Biblins if we can persuade them we are a youth group!) but the trail is only 5km. We could do some riding in the FoD itself, but the only accessible campsite is a full on touring site (Whitemead). Neither campsite allows fires. Not really the tbb Magic we get at Graig Wen. :-(. Barmouth beach is quite a cool destination too.
custardfeet

Post by custardfeet »

Would love to bring my boys, but 3 1/2 hours each way in the car is a bit too much for us. If anyone would like to do something in the Cotswolds, I'm happy to put something together using my woodland. It would be perhaps a little more aimed at older kids, as the site is basic and the riding a bit more challenging.
barney

Post by barney »

I'll just need to check if "little miss princess" (not my words) will want to camp this year otherwise I'll book the camper in like last year

The lower field doesn't hold that many does it?
Wait for me...
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

barney wrote:I'll just need to check if "little miss princess" (not my words) will want to camp this year otherwise I'll book the camper in like last year

Think it's only half a dozen tents.
wildgecko

Post by wildgecko »

barney wrote:I'll just need to check if "little miss princess" (not my words) will want to camp this year otherwise I'll book the camper in like last year

Lower field has planning for '6 tents'. We may get away with a couple extra as they are small but we can't take the piss.
wildgecko

Post by wildgecko »

Question:

Is it time for a split between Teddy Bears and Youth Bears? I can see why the Mawddach Trail doesn't appeal to older kids (and their parents). I just plumped for the lowest common denominator (selfishly) as my kids will be 4 and 6 and wouldn't cope with anything more than a towpath or disused railway for any distance.

There's some great venues out there for a youth bear bones that provide a change of scenery from previous TBB and offer more demanding riding.

Discuss.

Si
custardfeet

Post by custardfeet »

wildgecko wrote:Question:

Is it time for a split between Teddy Bears and Youth Bears? I can see why the Mawddach Trail doesn't appeal to older kids (and their parents). I just plumped for the lowest common denominator (selfishly) as my kids will be 4 and 6 and wouldn't cope with anything more than a towpath or disused railway for any distance.

There's some great venues out there for a youth bear bones that provide a change of scenery from previous TBB and offer more demanding riding.

Discuss.

Si
My 12 year old regularly joins my on 20 mile rides & you are right to say that a cycle path no longer makes the grade.
burty

Post by burty »

you can put me and becky down for the bottom field simon
I will park at the site again and ride up to the start that way it gives her at least a 20 mile day,
I don't think she cares where she rides as long as it ends with ice cream. and a fire to toast marsh mellows
plus not having to cook every meal for the kids is a help, with the chippy , shops ,etc
I will bring a better rope to replace the tree swing this year
barney

Post by barney »

Just spoken to Erin, she wants to camp in the lower field this year so if possible that'll be one small tent. Appreciate we may be back of the queue so won't stand on anyone's toes who was there last year.

Cheers.
Wait for me...
wildgecko

Post by wildgecko »

It seems we have a quorum so Lower Field booked at Graig Wen for Sat 18 Jun:

Those responded so far:

Wildgecko: 2 Adults, 2 Kids
Ian: 2 Adults, 2 Kids
Ianfitz: 2 Adults, 2 Kids (at most)
Taylor: 2 Adults, 2 Kids
Gentjim: 2 Adults, 2 Kids
Burty: 1 Adult, 1 Kid
Barney: 1 Adult, 1 Kid

We should get away with that on the lower field as we've only got small tents. Any more takers would likely need to camp in the upper fields.

Regards

Simon
barney

Post by barney »

Just had a nosey on the Graig Wen site and it says the Estuary field is unavailable on Sat 18th June, is that our booking?
Wait for me...
wildgecko

Post by wildgecko »

barney wrote:Just had a nosey on the Graig Wen site and it says the Estuary field is unavailable on Sat 18th June, is that our booking?
Yes :-bd
gentjim

Post by gentjim »

Brilliant. Can't wait, thanks for organising.
James
Brothersmith

Post by Brothersmith »

Simon, Pop me and my lad down. Looks like we just missed out on lower field, so put us down on our own on the upper camping field :roll:

Will you be wanting a deposit?

Malc
wildgecko

Post by wildgecko »

Brothersmith wrote:Simon, Pop me and my lad down. Looks like we just missed out on lower field, so put us down on our own on the upper camping field :roll:

Will you be wanting a deposit?

Malc
You're in!

I'll wait a week or so before booking slots on the upper field though, to see if anyone else wants to play. I don't think it's worth doing deposits as it will only be about £5 per tent deposit; I'll cover that.

Regards

Si
barney

Post by barney »

gentjim wrote:Brilliant. Can't wait, thanks for organising.
James
ditto, thanks!
Wait for me...
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

Well join you all at Barmouth - if the lads want to do something different I may ride in with them a bit further or something. Will sort nearer the time. So put us 3 down for wherever well fit and let me know if you need the deposit sending over
wildgecko

Post by wildgecko »

adjustablewench wrote:Well join you all at Barmouth - if the lads want to do something different I may ride in with them a bit further or something. Will sort nearer the time. So put us 3 down for wherever well fit and let me know if you need the deposit sending over
Yay :grin: will book some more space next week.

S
Matt

Post by Matt »

Put us down for this

2 adults 2 kids 1 dog
wildgecko

Post by wildgecko »

Fantasticmrmatt (urban fox) wrote:Put us down for this

2 adults 2 kids 1 dog
Top news Matt. Are you all Bikepacking?

Si
Matt

Post by Matt »

Should be, well apart from the dog
Brothersmith

Post by Brothersmith »

wildgecko wrote:You're in!

I'll wait a week or so before booking slots on the upper field though, to see if anyone else wants to play. I don't think it's worth doing deposits as it will only be about £5 per tent deposit; I'll cover that.

Regards

Si
cheers Si and thanks for organising
barney

Post by barney »

I'm going to need a "new" tent for this as 2 of us won't fit in my Lunar Solo or tent.

If anyone has anything going spare (sell or lend) please have a look at my post in classified...

http://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/phpBB ... f=9&t=7346

cheers
Wait for me...
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

OK... will confirm tomorrow but put me down for 2 Adults + 2 kids please!