Cotswolds-Chilterns link / London escape, 'all-road'

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jameso

Cotswolds-Chilterns link / London escape, 'all-road'

Post by jameso »

A try-out of gpsies as much as anything. http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=yaqdltpymfxfxqwe

A 100 miler linking the Chilterns and the Cotswolds, ideal for a CX bike as it takes out the MTB-like bits of the Ridgeway at the Chiltern end and replaces with easy bridleways and quiet roads, also a couple of nice dirt road sections towards Swindon. Ignore the blip at Chesham. Train station near each end. Nice way out of London area towards Wales, FOD etc as the start is 30mins on the main line out of Euston.
DoctorRad

Re: Cotswolds-Chilterns link / London escape, 'all-road'

Post by DoctorRad »

jameso wrote:...ideal for a CX bike as it takes out the MTB-like bits of the Ridgeway at the Chiltern end and replaces with easy bridleways and quiet roads, also a couple of nice dirt road sections towards Swindon.
Exactly the sort of insight this board was invented for! I find it easier to edit on BikeHike then upload to GPSies for posterity.

EDIT: What's it like in reverse, as I'd likely be going West to East to visit a friend in Chorleywood?
jameso

Post by jameso »

Nice route either way, I tend to use variants of it over a weekend when visiting family or friends around Stroud. Out sat, back sun. Often a different route on road to save time on way back but I do like the full route on a summer evening, finishing late.
DoctorRad

Post by DoctorRad »

Adapted into Bristol-Chorleywood for when I have the time and legs to visit my friend over there... many thanks!