Peak District routes

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Adventurer

Peak District routes

Post by Adventurer »

I've got a pass for a two nighter in two weeks time and want to make it count.

I've not done any bikepacking in the Peak District, only done family camping with my daughter. Enjoy the area but don't have any knowledge of the good bits.

Anyone with experience of the area able to pass on their knowledge of good routes or ideas for a two nighter?

Thanks
ianfitz

Re: Peak District routes

Post by ianfitz »

Adventurer wrote:I've got a pass for a two nighter in two weeks time and want to make it count.

I've not done any bikepacking in the Peak District, only done family camping with my daughter. Enjoy the area but don't have any knowledge of the good bits.

Anyone with experience of the area able to pass on their knowledge of good routes or ideas for a two nighter?

Thanks

how long do you want to ride for each day? either distance or time?
Adventurer

Post by Adventurer »

At least 20 miles but I suppose it depends on terrain. I did 20 miles over Cannock chase at the weekend and found that quite an easy ride, that was mostly off road, but with less kit.

So I would say between 20 to 40 miles a day.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

I rode this last week - https://ridewithgps.com/trips/8003755 , you wouldn't need to start in Sheffield though! all fairly ridable at the moment, nothing too steep or HaB. there is a few miles of road getting to, and then past baslow but aside from that its pretty quiet.

You could also look at the Peak 300 thread just below, possible to ride bits of that as a loop.