Tuscan - Accommodation

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

gairym

Re: Tuscan - Accommodation

Post by gairym »

adjustablewench wrote:Cheap until you account for €800 deposit refunded afterwards - €200 final cleaning bill!!
Wow - glad someone reads the small print!
slarge

Post by slarge »

You lot are really organised!

I am flying into Pisa on the Weds, arriving around 2pm, then was going to dump the bike box with my spare clothes etc in somewhere in Pisa, then ride up to Massa and bivvy somewhere not far from the start. A shared place would be a brilliant option.
Was then planning to finish on Friday/Saturday, then get to Montepulciano on the Sunday, where eldest sons girlfriend's family have a hotel, there's a local mtb ride round that area, then get back to Pisa to fly home on Monday. The Montepulciano plan might be a bit much, in which case it's a trip around Pisa for the Sunday in fresh clothes. Hotels will be booked on the fly, but be aware that the weekend is a public holiday in Italy.

Biggest decision at the moment is bike box (borrow) or bike bag (buy).
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

If you find anywhere in Pisa to abandon your bike bag/box for the week, let me know as that's what I'm trying to do.
Chew

Post by Chew »

What happened to "you can't plan adventure"???

I'd wait until more communication comes out about start times/location etc before committing to anything.
Train up to Massa and get these guys to take your bike bag to the finish.
http://www.tuscanytrail.it/it/luggage-transportation

Enjoy the ride without having to worry about other prearranged plans apart from the flight home. Anything post the ride can be sorted out after the finish.

If anyone wants to arrange some accommodation for the Wednesday night, count me in.
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Taylor wrote:If you find anywhere in Pisa to abandon your bike bag/box for the week, let me know as that's what I'm trying to do.
I think you can leave it at the sports hall where the start is, although it's not guaranteed to be 100% secure i think something like a bike-bag/bike box should be ok..
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

As much as i feel I'm usually a trusting person - the sheer logistics off 300 + people in a sports hall some of whom may want to leave a bike bag behind - feels me with a little apprehension - even finding it again may be interesting! We have been spoilt by the cosiness of Llanbrynmair community centre :)
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

adjustablewench wrote:As much as i feel I'm usually a trusting person - the sheer logistics off 300 + people in a sports hall some of whom may want to leave a bike bag behind - feels me with a little apprehension - even finding it again may be interesting! We have been spoilt by the cosiness of Llanbrynmair community centre :)
Good point!

Might be better to just get it collected on the Weds night & transported down to the finish, sort of two birds with one stone..
I think i might just decide nearer the time with this one when i know what i'm transporting my bike in, where i'm staying, etc...
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Might just carry everything I have with me all the way round :lol:
HUX

Post by HUX »

Stupid question but is the evening meal before the event being held at the hall full of italians or somewhere else and how far from the start is it?
gairym

Post by gairym »

Assuming it's the same as last year the meal is a two minute walk from the hall. We all left our bikes on the hall whilst eating.
gairym

Post by gairym »

The start is a 10-15 minute ride from the hall in the centre of Massa.