Cumulus Sleeping Bag Question

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Pirahna

Cumulus Sleeping Bag Question

Post by Pirahna »

The Cumulus site says the bags are independently filled top and bottom, a couple of the reviews I've read say the bag has less fill on the bottom than the top. If you turn over in the night the bag will turn with you leaving your back in a colder bag. Is this true?

They really do look like value for money but I don't want to be cold.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Cumulus Sleeping Bag Question

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

a couple of the reviews I've read say the bag has less fill on the bottom than the top. If you turn over in the night the bag will turn with you leaving your back in a colder bag. Is this true?
I don't know about Cumulus but it's true of a few other makes ... buy a quilt, problem solved :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

This is for wifey. She doesn't like the idea of a quilt but also doesn't like the thought of spending £300 plus on a bag.

I keep looking at quilts for me but can't make my mind up. I tend to move around a bit at night too, but then if it's secured to the mattress it shouldn't be a problem.
Farawayvisions

Post by Farawayvisions »

I have a Cumulus Lady rated at -7. It's got extra filling around the feet and a fleece lining to help keep the tootsies warm, but being only 5'2", even the lady version is too long so I never get the benefit of the feet. There is a load of room around the torso which I love as I don't like to feel too restricted and I'd say the filling is evenly distributed. Once you lie down in any down bag, you compress the feathers and remove the insulation properties. So if you turn over and roll with the bag, you will feel a little cooler until the the air fills into the down and lofts it up again. I tend to turn inside the bag so that the flattened area stays facing the earth.
Great bag that would be even better if there was an extra short model.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I tend to turn inside the bag so that the flattened area stays facing the earth.
Me too .... but it makes a hood pointless.
May the bridges you burn light your way