Marin Pine Mountain or Genesis Longitude?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

macinblack

Marin Pine Mountain or Genesis Longitude?

Post by macinblack »

Just off to sample the Dark Side of the Moose ale I bought post BB200 and so I won't beat around the bush (Am I in the right topic?)

Once the the fat, jolly one has been, I will probably sneak a new bike into the outhouse. I know that bikes are subjective and I will certainly try them out if any locallish dealer has any in stock but I'd like any views folks may have between the two bikes.

I'm after a more bikepacking specific model and these two seem to be in the ball park. Obviously there's a significant price difference and the drive train set ups vary but what else should I be looking out for?

Cheers Mac.
fatbikephil

Re: Marin Pine Mountain or Genesis Longitude?

Post by fatbikephil »

Genesis longitude = 29+, Marin = 27+. Therefore go for the Genesis as bigger is always better.
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Not the new longitude Phil - 27.5+
I'd go for a longitude - maybe just the frame to build my own. Don't think Marin have given it anywhere near as much thought, though the price looks appealing.
RobMac

Post by RobMac »

I'm planning on getting the NEW Longitude.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

boxelder wrote:Not the new longitude Phil - 27.5+
I'd go for a longitude - maybe just the frame to build my own. Don't think Marin have given it anywhere near as much thought, though the price looks appealing.
Oh yeah- its a29er or a 27.5+

In that case get a Surly Krampus!
lionelrik

Post by lionelrik »

I too was wondering about this. I see Wheelbase are offering the Longitude at £400 over the RRP of £1200. WTF!
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

^^^
Think you were looking at the latitude next to it, the longitude is £1200 on there.
lionelrik

Post by lionelrik »

They Changed it! I emailed them regarding the price and they admitted the mistake.

"The bike has been uploaded with the Genesis Latitude codes by accident. The codes have been updated and the prices will be correct tomorrow. What size Longitude are you interested in?

Regards,

Jonny"

I wonder if I can push em for a discount after pointing out their mistake :grin: