Eurobike rando-ride

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jameso

Eurobike rando-ride

Post by jameso »

A road-packing tour. 4 days from Evans head office to Lake Constance. Wind, storms and sunshine, great riding and a nice few days mental break before the euro-fluro onslaught of the show. Managed France-Belgium-France-Germany-Switzerland-Germany along the route, highlights were the Ardennes and the Vosges, really beautiful areas, and the roller-coaster roads of the Black Forest and Swiss border area before the Rhine. Photo album here,

https://www.flickr.com/photos/67338272@ ... 7499512288
Chicken Legs

Re: Eurobike rando-ride

Post by Chicken Legs »

Nice pictures.
Are they CX tyres you were using ?

Andy
"What is man but the sum of his memories"
jameso

Post by jameso »

Hi Andy, they're Panaracer/Pacenti 38c. Light, cushy and fast but flat-prone. I've been tempted by the new Compass tyres but I'm getting a bit fed up of these lightweight casings. Trying the belted Pacentis next, they should be better.
FLV

Post by FLV »

Nice one, pretty good way to get there.
Chicken Legs

Post by Chicken Legs »

Thanks James, I am looking for a tyre with a low rolling resistance and ideally that will go tubeless.
"What is man but the sum of his memories"
Pete-G

Post by Pete-G »

Great photos, where was the covered bridge?
jameso

Post by jameso »

Andy, the Schwalbe G-Ones look best currently but at the show I saw some Maxis Refuse file-pattern tyres in TLR / 40c that look good.

Pete, that was at Diessenhoffen, just east of Schaffhausen, about 25 miles from Konstanz. It's near a little 'island' of Germany within Switzerland, didn't realise it existed till I looked at the map just now. I can lose track of which country I'm in at times there and get caught out buying things and being given Francs as change.