The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

GregMay

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by GregMay »

Montane Slipstream GL in shiny, shiny blue and a pair of Montrail Rogue Racers. Back running more again in prep for some winter challenges and some hike a bike work for something next year.
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Looks v nice. I seem to remember the Rooster has heavier weight tubing than the Swift. Is that right?
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Charliecres wrote:Looks v nice. I seem to remember the Rooster has heavier weight tubing than the Swift. Is that right?

Looks like it, from Singular's website (http://shop.singularcycles.com/collecti ... ar-rooster): "Tubing is a bit beefier than a Swift, the traction and speed generated by the big tyres in rough terrain means something which feels a bit more solid under you is of benefit. "
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Interesting. My Swift can feel a bit flexy when fully loaded but on balance I don't think I'd want it any stiffer.

I'm not sure I get the need to stiffen the Rooster - but then again, what do I know. And Sam does make nice bikes.
HaYWiRe

Post by HaYWiRe »

Another package from decathlon arrived at my door earlier, but as its a gift from the girlfriend I am not allowed to open it till she comes down, not even a peak

btwin 700 aerofit team jerseys, one each in matching colours

A synthetic base layer for her (her preference) and a merino base layer for me, both to be used as camp or bed clothes, these are ready for our big weekend trip coming, not bike related but plenty of camping and not so light military kit :grin:
jam bo

Post by jam bo »

an warranty replacement alpkit gourdon to replace the one I split in two in Iceland. thanks alpkit.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

A second hand but never used MLD Trailstar. Fancied one of these for ages, probably the first UL shelter that I was aware of.

More carbon poles incoming soon I suspect...
FLV

Post by FLV »

Finally got a few extra parts delivered to set up the way I wanted it

It's reet comfy an seems to lend it's self to cruising around rather than hammering.

Cheers for tyre tip jamseo theyre nice
Shuhockey

Post by Shuhockey »

Montane Alpine Endurance event jacket in Bright blue, the orange zips even match my helmet!!
Massively overkill for commuting to work and back, but gooutdoors price matched gaynors -10%, so couldn't really resist. :-bd
Also stumbled across a Wildlife camera discounted in Aldi. So far I've had badgers, foxes and cats every night this week int he back garden (Kids love it)
ctznsmith

Post by ctznsmith »

Bar end shifters from ebay.

Alpkit bag from Shuhockey of these parts (thanks).

Non-bike related but 10 copies of a book I wrote 1/5 of! Available from bwread.blogspot.co.uk :roll:

Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

The second battery for my solar storm light turned up this morning so I'll now have 8-10 more hours ride time for the Borders 350.
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

My Singular Rooster frame set has landed :) Really pleased to see the forks have the extra mounts for the Anything cages, bonus :)

Hope headset has been ordered. :)
benp1

Post by benp1 »

The latest Black Diamond ReVolt headtorch. Mini USB recharging ability for the 3xAAA. My petal tactikka xp is a bit weedy now

Busch and muller ixon core - proper German road light with optics that won't cause glare for oncoming drivers
durhambiker

Post by durhambiker »

Yesterday the man in the brown van left a B&M light for my pub/shopping/touring bike with a neighbour. Exact same UPS man today decided not to bother leaving the XT Dynamo front hub/XT rear hub/Mavic A719 wheelset and instead took it back to the depot. Now need to leave a not in the door to make sure he leaves it next time he turns up
RobMac

Post by RobMac »

I took delivery of a brand'spankin'new Surly Troll frame set
AND a new pair of Schwalbe Marathon tyres for the Galaxy.
durhambiker

Post by durhambiker »

The man in the brown van ignored my instructions to leave my parcel, so I had to get shirty with customer services to make sure it WAS left when they made their third (and final) attempt today. Came home to find a large Rose Bikes box in the porch containing my new wheelset consisting of XT dynamo, XT rear hub and Mavic A719 rims
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

A brand new second hand Wildcat Ocelot in large size from a chap over there on singletrackworld. By some miracle it fits my Fatty, my Whyte 901 and even my Commie Meta AM.
I'm just going outside ...
Mpolo

Post by Mpolo »

so after a rather long dispute with Madison over a not fit for purpose alfine 11 i have returned the ioid to the LBC and taken away a 2015 Longitude!
Mpolo

Post by Mpolo »

and fitted wit Reohloff and Jones loops
read the story and photos
http://www.farawayvisions.com/genesis-l ... e-a-trois/
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

An 20l AK airlok duo courtesy of jBay of this parish - thank you.
A rather nifty MSR gas canister stand for my Brukit - the plastic one is cheaper but if I stand on it its broken and metal will only be bent.
3 x etrex handlebar mounts - they are tuppence groat each and free postage if you buy three.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

New super slicks BSC's for the Monster cross when tarmac touring, test ride this weekend
And chamois cream
FLV

Post by FLV »

Mpolo wrote:and fitted wit Reohloff and Jones loops
read the story and photos
http://www.farawayvisions.com/genesis-l ... e-a-trois/
Nice dan. That looks lovely
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Had a similar story with an Alfine 11 (hasn't everyone?), but at least JRA refunded after a few unsuccessful attempts at repair. Hope my Travers / Rohloff / Jones builds up as nicely as your Genesis, but having snags with the PITA anti-torque mounting faff...!
Mpolo

Post by Mpolo »

zero i used a monkey bone which mounts to the disc brake mounts works a treat just need the right one for the disc diameter. good luck with your build
Mpolo

Post by Mpolo »

john would be interested to hear how the bsc tyres work out i could do with something similar for Cuba which will be a lot of tarmac and not much need for knobbles