Wanted: Custom Framebag

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ZeroDarkBivi

Wanted: Custom Framebag

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Do you have any experience with cuben fibre and sewing machine? I want a super-lightweight bag for my Scalpel, for 24 hr events, so durability is less important. I can't find anybody in this country doing such a thing, so if you fancy a challenge, I can send you a template.
HaYWiRe

Re: Wanted: Custom Framebag

Post by HaYWiRe »

I would suggest you have a crack at it yourself, with cheaper fabrics first ofcourse..

The problem with Cuban is you have to treat it like sewing plastic, not fabric.
As tough as it is, it need certain taping and seam techniques to minimize sewing holes and perforations, otherwise your lovely seam becomes a "tear here" line :lol:

But if you need someone who specializes in camo and ballistic fabrics, I'm your man :-bd
Although I haven't done work for anyone else as I'm terrible at sales, and don't like charging for what I do as a hobby, that's what my main business is for :)
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've found cuben easier to work with than most other fabrics because it'll 'hold a fold' which means so there's very little need for pinning, etc and it's not slippery. The biggest potential for disaster will be abrasion, anywhere it touches something else it'll wear and it'll do it very quickly.

I wonder whether a hybrid frame bag might be better? X-pac centre and cuben sides?
May the bridges you burn light your way
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

If you're going to use cuben, go with the 99g/sq meter variety. I've got lots of little perferations in my drybag that I used @ WRT + TD...less than 800 miles on it and it's not far off useless for keeping stuff dry. Anything less than 30g/sqm is probably going to suffer the same fate.

Greetz

S.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

if I was using Cuben for a frame bag or front rear dry bags I'd be looking to sew/bond a strip of something abrasion resistant were it was needed.

it holds a stitch better if used diagonally too
Ian

Post by Ian »

We're working with some cuben at Wildcat at the moment.
Drop us a line and we can see what's what :-bd