Todays ride

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ian

Re: Todays ride

Post by Ian »

JohnClimber wrote:Image

42 miles in the Merseyside sand dunes and beaches nearly 1000ft of climbing as well
^^^ :o
Bottles don't match a) each other b) colour scheme of the bike.
Gas tank is wrong colour too.
C'mon John, you've got all this spare time on your hands, there is no excuse
:roll: :ugeek: :lol:

and while you're at it, you could add another link to that chain
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Sorry Ian.

Must try harder
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

55 mile round trip up to Rother Country Park. 90% off road. Fuelled by Christmas cake.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Yesterday morning, I drove up to Llandegla for the annual forest industry MTB event - this year in 'Duro format. Rigid single speed deployed, I made a reasonable job of posting a decent time until the forth stage where I pinch flatted coming off one of the North shore sections. Still, not all bad - I win the spot prize for most bling bike :-bd

Drove back to Caersws, dropped the car off and strapped my Bikepacking gear to my 'Duro bike and set off along the EWE route. Bivvied about half way along the Kerry Ridgeway, after about 35km riding.

6:30am start, followed the EWE route a fair way. The Shropshire section to Much Wenlock is ace. Really enjoyed it. After that there was a fair bit of road, but some nice trails break it up. Finally managed to find legs to make it up to Mow Cop with 180 km ridden. First substantial ride I've done since Finland. Quite tired now!
mat_swan

Post by mat_swan »

After a couple of years where getting out (lightweight) camping has, barring a bothy trip on Skye and a few days in Normandy last summer, not happened, I am really enjoying sitting on the north downs after spending the night out!

Had no plans last night, thought screw it let's make the most of the short nights, chucked some kit into a bag, nearly didn't go, procrastinated, thought screw it again and pedalled off. Not far, only to a chippie far enough away to make coming home a pain! Ate my chips watching the last of the light go and then took refuge in a pub for a bit.

Found a quiet spot to sleep at the edge of some woods, bedded down, kept waking up too hot and eventually dragged myself out of bed for a very leisurely pack up and a terrible cup of instant coffee.

Currently waiting for the cafe in reigate to open, enjoying the view down to the south downs and typing this on my phone. The only signs of human activity are the planes taking off from Gatwick and (spoiling it a little) the hum of the M25.

I largely blame/thank this place for reminding me why it's good to get out overnight and now I'm off for tea and probably bacon
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

60 miles of shade hopping today, not a big fan of the heat. Thankfully trees in abundance around most of the route. (Notts/Derbys.SYorks)
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Short, wet,grumpy ride in the Lake District. Torn tyre, second puncture, lack of cake. But a ride, is better than no ride.

ImageLakeland Light by Greg.May, on Flickr
gairym

Post by gairym »

In a first for about a year today's ride saw me riding my full-sus bike, taking some uplifts and even a run down the downhill track.

Felt weird and I definitely rode a few bits slower than I would have on my 29er as the Santa Cruz felt so alien to me.

Here's a photo - see if your can spot the Gairy:

https://instagram.com/p/4hBxZZEQ1I/

Fun (though I doubt I'll do it again for a while).
HaYWiRe

Post by HaYWiRe »

30 miles on my road bike after work today, nothing crazy just enjoying the weather

12 mikes of hills and country lane rush hour traffic to town, then the rest was cycle network and coastal boardwalk along Aberavon Beach, evening meal out, then back to the Mrs house

Nice to get out on the roads, forgot how smooth and silent 23c's are on tarmac
Call me a heretic but I'm a roadie at heart
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Around Ruabon mountain.
My current round-the-block ride. The trouble is, to get to the pretty bits, I've first got to cycle 27k on the road.

On that hump in the middle is Crow Castle (Castell Dinas Bran to give it its proper name), that sits high above LLangollen.

The trees that you can (just) see on the horizon are the LLandegla Forest.

The trig-point at the top. 13k of mostly downhill lanes from here to home. The whole ride is about 50k with 890 metres of ascents and takes me about 4 hours. Disappointingly, of the whole ride, only about 10k is off road. I'm going to have to stop wearing my tyres out on tarmac and start trucking my bike to my rides.

Lu
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

60 miles of bridleways with a pinch of cheek around cornfields and coalfields. About 20 minutes of total deluge, other than that perfect weather.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Commute into work this morning. Randomly a spoke on my front wheel went ping (well the nipple actually). Last 2.5 miles on a wobbly wheel, best find a bike shop at lunch :|
HaYWiRe

Post by HaYWiRe »

20 miles of NCN upto afan forest yesterday, and another 20 of singletrack today
Also first trip finally going rackless, very liberating ditching the rack (and the incessant rattle it comes with) still hate wearing a backpack in this heat though but hardly a trip killer, finally freeing my back is my next goal.

Sat in a tent now refueling on muesli and diet coke, hiding from the winged terror outside, better mobile internet signal here than my house :lol:
slarge

Post by slarge »

Ok, so not a bivvy ride or a mtb ride, but did the Monster Sportive out of Llangadog today. It took in some hills around the Black Mountains, Drum, and the Black Mountain. 195km and 4600m of climbing in just over 8 hours. And I caught a flytipper and made her put her rubbish back in the car. Result!
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I went on my bike (mtb) for literally 5 minutes yesterday, just to pootle down and play with the dog. I managed to slit my sidewall...whilst on the road :roll:

I've run out of stans too, have bought ingredients for homebrew tubeless, but not got round to it, and have a bigg-ish ride planned next week, looks like I'm going back to tubes :lol:
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

slarge wrote:Ok, so not a bivvy ride or a mtb ride, but did the Monster Sportive out of Llangadog today. It took in some hills around the Black Mountains, Drum, and the Black Mountain. 195km and 4600m of climbing in just over 8 hours. And I caught a flytipper and made her put her rubbish back in the car. Result!
:-bd
burty

Post by burty »

a semi local 68 miler today with a brew and a 10 min power nap 5 miles from the end :-bd
Ian

Post by Ian »

Trans Cambrian Way for me and a mate yesterday. Dyfi Junction to Knighton. All good, another 100 miles in the legs for me and 2 KOM's (sorry Composite ;) ).

My mate was a bit ruined by the end. He's not ridden quite that far in a day for a long while, but dug deep and got it done :-bd
vorlich

Post by vorlich »

96k along the Fife Coastal Path yesterday, plan was to camp out, but pushed on to Leuchars for the train home and a productive day pottering about the garden today. Those clouds never came to much. :-bd

FLV

Post by FLV »

Rebuilt my krampus yesterday and rode a nice loop round the peak. Another shorter spin today with a few new bits checked out.
I'd forgotten how much I like that bike.
mikehowarth

Post by mikehowarth »

Cheeky Clywdian killer loop after work.

Nice to finally make it over to the Clywds and ride Moel Famu and Moel Arthur having whizzed past them so many times in the car.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

No rides for me for ages

But I'm loving my commute to work. 11 miles today, same again home.
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

190 Km today on a Tour De Notts. Was aiming for 200 but after faffing trying to find a trail that wasn't there, then finding an alternative that the farmer had blocked to the extent the only way around it was a paddle in the Trent and then finding plan C which resulted in trying to make my way through foliage that was taller than me, it somewhat took the edge off.

Took some pics but I ache too much to bend down to plug in the camera.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Commuted home after several whiskys, still good!
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Went for a potter in the Lakes at the weekend, including a mooch to Hodge Close. Some potential bivi spots in the 'Rave Cave', although would be a bugger getting your bike down there!!..

Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!