A Treatment for Silnylon Floors

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

zomarzi

A Treatment for Silnylon Floors

Post by zomarzi »

http://www.jwbasecamp.com/Articles/Silnylon1/index.html

You need to buy a large tube of pure silicone and a gun from a builders merchants look on you tube how to use and re use without the silicone going off. I think it's 3 parts non smelly white spirit I bought Bartoline premium low odour from BnQ to one part silicone or mix until you get a brushable consistency. Brush it on leave overnight I did both sides your choice.

The hardest part of doing this job is mixing the ingredients I suggest once you have squeezed out your silicone to then add a teaspoon or less of the White spirit and start mixing it's quite difficult to get them to mix be patient and it will come together mixing a teaspoon or more at a time . Be prepared to keep a jar of white spirit ready to dunk your brush in after use, this stuff is messy and very sticky , gloves and somewhere neutral to do the job advisable
richvs

Re: A Treatment for Silnylon Floors

Post by richvs »

I have used this method for seam sealing silnylon, it works really well.
Some sealants have a vinegary smell when they are curing so they are not all created equal. Not sure how this affects the final product.
Zippy

Re: A Treatment for Silnylon Floors

Post by Zippy »

Thankyou kindly sir. I kept meaning to get round to a bit of research on this - but you've done that for me :grin: This shall happen - fricking annoying slippy floor!!!!!