Just saying Hi

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Gari

Just saying Hi

Post by Gari »

Just thought I would introduce myself.
I am currently living close to Aviemore, and have just finished building a ss bike packing bike, maiden voyage yesterday up Glen Einich. Burnt to a crisp and the legs were a little unsure of the whole " one gear thing" but so far so good.

I bought one of the Singular Hummingbirds that Sam was selling, and very pleased I am with it too.
Yet to put some luggage on it, though I have got a loaner Epic seat pack and handlebar bag combo to try out.
I am going to do a trip out to Culra tomorrow for the day, may load the bike, not sure yet as I don't want to bite of too much too soon!

If anyone wants to come and get out just drop me a line...
Gari
Anthony

Re: Just saying Hi

Post by Anthony »

Hi Gari

Welcome to the forum.

A great location to be based for trips out into the hills :D
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Hi Gari, I'm in Edinburgh and am doing the West Highland Way in a couple of weeks. Later in the year I am wanting to do at least one highland tour so may well get in touch if your up for a 3 dayer, Ray.
gairym

Post by gairym »

welcome gari,

that's a weird spelling of an normally ordinary name you've got yourself there.

cheers, gairy.
Gari

Post by Gari »

@Ray, I am up for that. Are you doing the WHW on a rigid, loaded bike? I plan to do it sometime in May but on my full suss bike and very little baggage!

@Gairy, right back at yer :D
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Yes, doing it on a loaded rigid, hopefully over 3 days. Starting in Edinburgh and following the canals to the start. Hopefully a 70 mile first day, 50 of which are on canals. First night I hope to bivi at the Burn of Mar on the climb up to Conic Hill.
I have seen a post on here somewhere saying that someone else is thinking of doing some Highland stuff this year too but can't recall who it was or on what thread.
I would like to come up to do a route with you but it will probably have too be Aug/Sep as I need to save for a holiday with the wife at the moment. Do you want to put something together and post it on "Anyone playing out" . I'll find it and get back to you, we may even get some other takers. 8-)