BB200 Route

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ben98

BB200 Route

Post by Ben98 »

Does anyone have the original bb200 route gpx they could send me/link too? I'm looking at options for the WRT, just can't find the gpx. :smile:
Clink

Re: BB200 Route

Post by Clink »

I'd be interested in that as well :grin:
composite

Post by composite »

Just reverse it for the 2012 version. http://www.composite-projects.co.uk/gpx/bb200_2013.gpx
Chew

Post by Chew »

Just a word of caution for anyone looking at the BB200 route.

The bridleway that runs between Ty'n-y-cornel and Soar y Mynydd is closed due to heavy erosion.

From the stream at 755533 there is a huge crack in the hillside that runs straight up the bridleway to the top of the hill eastwards. Over winter the water has gotten in and eroded it more, so the cracks now 8 foot wide and 8 foot deep at the bottom. Now you can jump the locked gates, ignore the signs and get through, but you'll need to take a lot of care. If its raining avoid due to the risk of collapse and I'd only attempt it going eastwards (going down would be asking for trouble)
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Chew wrote:Just a word of caution for anyone looking at the BB200 route.

The bridleway that runs between Ty'n-y-cornel and Soar y Mynydd is closed due to heavy erosion.

From the stream at 755533 there is a huge crack in the hillside that runs straight up the bridleway to the top of the hill eastwards. Over winter the water has gotten in and eroded it more, so the cracks now 8 foot wide and 8 foot deep at the bottom. Now you can jump the locked gates, ignore the signs and get through, but you'll need to take a lot of care. If its raining avoid due to the risk of collapse and I'd only attempt it going eastwards (going down would be asking for trouble)

I managed to go over the bars on my Fargo going down it in perfect conditions. :lol:
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Phew, I just looked at my route and I'm heading south along the West edge of Llyn Brianne rather than heading West. Is that bit still OK as far as people are aware?

Edit - I guess thinking about it, no reason to think it wouldn't be.
Last edited by Richard G on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

We went over that track last summer on the way to the Doethie valley (there were the shut signs and padlocked gates then) and thought at the time that it wouldn't be a good thing to fall in to :oops: It was about 60cm wide and up to 2 metres deep. Since the track on that side appears to be made up of a bed of shale chippings a winter's rain has obviously taken its toll.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

johnnystorm wrote:

I managed to go over the bars on my Fargo going down it in perfect conditions. :lol:
I see a pattern emerging... :lol:
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

voodoo_simon wrote:
johnnystorm wrote:

I see a pattern emerging... :lol:
Like Colin McRae said, If in doubt, flat out.*

*On my arse.