Weekend?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Weekend?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

What you up to? Anything good?

I shall be coaching 'Duro racers tomorrow and fitting my newly made skirting boards in the kitchen in Sunday :roll:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Ray Young

Re: Weekend?

Post by Ray Young »

s8tannorm wrote:fitting my newly made skirting boards in the kitchen in Sunday :roll:
I'm driving a horse box on Sunday to a cross country event for my stepdaughter :cry: ,

but I'm taking my bike and doing a quick 15 miles around Glen Eagles :grin: .
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

I'll be home alone with kids while my wife is in Yorkshire dales on a two day roadie trip.

collecting brownie points....

they will be going to Sheffiled Tri club on saturday and I guess we'll be out at either derwent or monsall on sunday.
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

I'll be having a rummage around in the garage for my sanity and if I stumble across a bike on the way I'll get out on that for the first time in months :shock:
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Getting out in the hills...somewhere...don't really care where right now...just away from the screen. Might be time I took a look at TCW and see what I'm in for.

Greetz

S.
Gari

Post by Gari »

Cairngorms circular on the (not quite) road bike, Aviemore-Grantown-Braemar-Pitlochry over a few days. Lots of time to take pics, drink tea/eat cake and try to get my fitness back in order now the medication is working....Oh and I may go backcountry skiing tomorrow if I can get some insurance organised for the new van, by organised I mean pull my finger out :oops:
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

probably being a good and loving husband to my ever tolerant wife

three or four days in the peaks next week mind :-)
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

A day of coffee, cake and cameras on Saturday (going 'back to school' shooting black-and-white on an original Nikon FM), then hopefully finishing the rebuild on and riding my CX bike on Sunday.
"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep's the getting there..."
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

TriX or HP5 ?
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

SteveM wrote:probably being a good and loving husband to my ever tolerant wife

three or four days in the peaks next week mind :-)
Sounds familiar..... :mrgreen:
Mart

Post by Mart »

Continuing the leg recovery - physio has now sorted the pain, but need muscles building up the right way
oh and the kids birthday laserquest party on Sunday - Im joining in, why should the kids have all the fun?
2924 miles per Gallon
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Me? I'm coaching kids all day Saturday - mostly beginners who want to learn how to do drops and jumps but who will be better of learning which gears do what and how to use both brakes - then off on a 4/5 day tour of the Cotwalds while the Comptroller General and the two cost centres are skiing in Italy. This is the one week of the year I have to myself. Cant wait.
I'm just going outside ...
McGroo

Post by McGroo »

Black Mountains Sunday :-bd
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I shall be having a go with my hexamid that arrived today :grin:

Also have to re-spoke a wheel on my commuter bike and loads of bike maintenance, and all my tools and bikes are covered in a layer of dust after where we stored them got re-roofed and covered everything in an inch layer of dust. If experienced roofers that they're meant to be had given us any warning it would have tekn 10 mins to wheel bikes out the way and cover everything in dust sheets, as it is there is now a considerable amount of very careful cleaning to do :roll:
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

In work all weekend :grin:

I am, however currently drinking in one of my favourite Chester pubs (£1.64 a pint!) before going out for a pizza. Might play around with my freebie wood burner tomorrow night :-bd
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

99percentchimp wrote:I'll be having a rummage around in the garage for my sanity and if I stumble across a bike on the way I'll get out on that for the first time in months :shock:
Mark, you're welcome to come along on a ride of mine with a couple of others in the morning. Riding for 9am from Bodlondeb car park, approx. 4-5 hours.
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
Nick

Post by Nick »

If I don't drink the whole bottle of wine I shall be out for a play on the hill in the morning, then on Sunday i will be riding to see my son play football, the long way around.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

SteveM wrote:TriX or HP5 ?
Adox Silvermax and/or Rollei Blackbird.
"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep's the getting there..."
barney

Post by barney »

Mrs Barney is away with work for a couple of weeks so I'm on full daddy duty (I like to spoil them)...

This weekend will comprise of guitar lessons, a trip to Chester Zoo, a bike ride, a trip to the cinema (Spongebob in 3D) and if rooms are tidy and homework done then Sunday tea will be in the local pub.

Monday I shall be going into work for a rest! I-)
Wait for me...
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

summittoppler wrote:
99percentchimp wrote:I'll be having a rummage around in the garage for my sanity and if I stumble across a bike on the way I'll get out on that for the first time in months :shock:
Mark, you're welcome to come along on a ride of mine with a couple of others in the morning. Riding for 9am from Bodlondeb car park, approx. 4-5 hours.
Thanks for the invite Jeff - sorry but I can't make tomorrow morning for sure. Will be out later in the weekend likely for a potter round Gwydwr I reckon. Have a good one - you out round Tal y Fan/Conwy Mt.?
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

barney wrote:Mrs Barney is away with work for a couple of weeks so I'm on full daddy duty (I like to spoil them)...

This weekend will comprise of guitar lessons, a trip to Chester Zoo, a bike ride, a trip to the cinema (Spongebob in 3D) and if rooms are tidy and homework done then Sunday tea will be in the local pub.

Monday I shall be going into work for a rest! I-)
Have a good one Barney - the fruit bats are good and spooky, boys like it, went round three times!
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

In the pursuit of upping my yearly mileage, i'm off up to the Lakes in the morning to explore some new tracks. Then on Sunday i may have a potter around Hebden Bridge & may even include some trail dog training :O3 :grin:
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
psling

Post by psling »

Off to work shortly :sad:
Then tonight I shall sleep a usual night and wake up wondering how that equated to a 1 hour lie in?!?
It would appear that on Sunday I shall be erecting some trellis, putting down some path edging and laying a gravel path. I'm so excited...
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Zoglug

Post by Zoglug »

Off to an 'escape the room' thing today http://www.cluehq.co.uk/ for the missus birthday. Tomorrow I shall be out on my bike, not quite sure where yet.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I am spending the weekend making my bike stop making all the horrible noises it is making
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer