Todays ride

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

FLV

Re: Todays ride

Post by FLV »

gairym wrote:Been playing around with some new video editing software (Adobe 'Premiere Elements' if you're interested).

Here is my first effort (from a ride last Thursday):

http://vimeo.com/118589905

Despite the raw footage being limited and of dubious quality I'm quite pleased with the results.
I really liked that.

I know nothing about filming and editing so have no idea if it contained lots of cleverness or not though
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

I was short on time this morning for a ride, so I nipped out very locally and all within 2 miles of my house and testing the new cheap GoPro copy.

Click below for video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_sn1pvpW-o

FLV

Post by FLV »

Got my lads over this weekend so getting out at normal times dosnt happen. Slipped out this morning briefly but it was unbelievably icy.

I fell on my arse on the driveway, then again riding up hill on a b road and on it went. 4 falls in 13km. Trying to ride was a waste of time, fortunately, the views were stunning so it was worth being out. Might try another ride later tonight.

my phone camera dosnt really capture the light properly.

slarge

Post by slarge »

Planned a 95km route round Bredon Hill, about a 45 minute drive away. Got there nice and early, got the singlespeed out of the van and got 340metres down the road and the front brake decided not to work - the pad had come away from the backing plate. No bother, I thought - I have come prepared with spare brake pads, so got them out of the camelback, and they're for the other bike aren't they?

Rode back to the van and drove home.

Did 65km on the road bike instead.

I was looking forward to that as well :sad:
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

A short 25 click hop over Bayston and Lyth Hills and back home this afternoon...found some play in my bottom bracket that needs addressing. 5 days off the bike has let my hammy heal some...felt much stronger today.

Greetz

S.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

50 Fat Bike miles today

Crappy short film https://vimeo.com/119058087
slowupslowdown-under

Post by slowupslowdown-under »

lovely early morning spin out to edale and castleton on the Tripster ATR

so clear and cold and surprisingly empty of others on bikes!

nice way to end a great week :-bd
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Went getting lost again in the Lakes while searching out a Tour d' Windermere route on Sat. Got a couple of overnight spots eyed up for future use. Did about 75km & aiming to do the same route but single speed in a few weeks..

Image Image

When it got dark i stopped for a hot chocolate at the Masons Arms...

Although took a bit of effort to drag myself away from the warmth inside to head out & get going again..

Overall a great day out :grin:
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

~50km/1400m on the road. Thick mist high up but not windy or cold really.

Ended up having to beast myself to get home in time to take the kids out this afternoon. Got gone with about 2 minutes to spare....
Giacomo

Post by Giacomo »

A quick 10km trail run for me today followed by an hour on the turbo. Riding 80km or so tomorrow.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Decided I needed to do a long day on the Ice Cream Truck in prep for the highland trail. So did most of the Fife coastal path starting from the house and finishing at its end in Newburgh where I'd abandoned the car yesterday evening. 102 miles in 12 and a half hours, legs feeling tired but not shot so a good start to my long distance training for the end of may...

ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

85km/2500m round the Peak District for me today.

Weather lovely first thing then sleety/hail into my eyes for the last couple if hours. Surprisingly few people out today!
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Not many folks riding around town here either. A very slow 30 minutes out in the rain today for me to test out the hammy after a week off.

Greetz

S.
gairym

Post by gairym »

Went on a really nice (technical, steep in places and snowy as hell) little tootle last night.

Here's a photo of my shadow (as if I'm not large enough already):

Heading out for my first overnighter of the year tomorrow (through the tunnel in Italy) - set for -8°c and 15-20cm of snow, should be fun!
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Nice one - a home made brocken spectre!
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

Our "beloved" 14 year old Jack Russell woke me up at 4.30am this morning... Couldn't get back to sleep after sorting him out, so decided to ride to work via the scenic route.

Set off at 5.45am. Torquay - Teignmouth - Newton Abbott - Totnes - Paignton - Torquay. 30 miles all in. Considering I live less than a mile away from work, I call that a good jaunt.

Si
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Todays ride was pretty mellow...dodging the traffic in Manchester...an easy 15 miles under the belt to add onto the 46 miles yesterday/last night. Belting down Harley Hill at 2am was kinda fun...no cagers to get in the way.

Greetz

S.
slowupslowdown-under

Post by slowupslowdown-under »

More pre-France training saw a 203mile jaunt out on the Tripster.

Pretty much a full load on the bike. Got a good ride into the night and lights worked well but looking forward to having the new USB charger onboard soon.

Had new 32c Gatorskins on the bike. Sooooooooo comfortable. Very confident even with the cx section that we threw in for fun!

This bike just gets better and better and would urge anyone thinking of getting one to, well....get one! Has been superb on all surfaces thrown at it in the last 9 months with nothing more than a change of wheels / tyres.

Bike for life?? Closest I have come to one! Guess the Peaks ITT and (not)BB250 will be the clincher! :-bd
Last edited by slowupslowdown-under on Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gairym

Post by gairym »

Attempting to get serious about training for the Tuscany Trail in 8 weeks and so have started taking the road bike out down in the valley now that it's clear of snow down there.

Todays cycle path fun:

atk

Post by atk »

Quick spin up the canal and a few laps around Clayton Vale in the dark. Not very exciting but marks the start of some mid-week riding. Yay for spring!
HUX

Post by HUX »

A quick 20 miles on the roadie. Spring has sprung!
https://www.flickr.com/gp/129089486@N05/o4Qy3b
trevron73

Post by trevron73 »

Went for a quick 20 miles around St Ives and Bingley to get the legs spinning ready for a Scotland trip next week . A barmy 12c temp and not much wind made great late afternoon ride only thwarted by a puncture 1mile from home , torn valve :( and no inner tube as i was only out for a quick blast to rid the cob webs . :roll:
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

trevron73 wrote:Went for a quick 20 miles around St Ives and Bingley to get the legs spinning ready for a Scotland trip next week . A barmy 12c temp and not much wind made great late afternoon ride only thwarted by a puncture 1mile from home , torn valve :( and no inner tube as i was only out for a quick blast to rid the cob webs . :roll:

I is confussssed. isn't st Ives in Cornwall and bingley int Yorkshire?
trevron73

Post by trevron73 »

Your not from round here are ya ? :-bd
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

trevron73 wrote:Your not from round here are ya ? :-bd
Well as I clearly don't know where here is I'm gonna find it hard to answer :wink:

*scuttles off to look at google maps for a while...*

Edit: ahhhh, right then. Makes sense now.

Nope not from round there. South Yorkshire where I am innit.