Anyone use a Mammut Mat?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Anyone use a Mammut Mat?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Keep looking at new sleeping mats ... I'm getting drawn towards 'much big comfort'. There's a few options, Exped Synmat, etc but I've been looking at the Mammut mats. Does anyone have any experience of them?
May the bridges you burn light your way
pedalhead

Re: Anyone use a Mammut Mat?

Post by pedalhead »

No experience of those I'm afraid, but have you tried a Neoair yet (I recall your Peak Elite review saying you hadn't)? Much comfort & little weight imo.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

No, not tried a NeoAir yet ... I think I'm getting drawn towards something that bit bigger than the usual lightweight air mats. Nearly everything out there is 51cm wide and due to the height of the mats, I often get that 'I'm falling off' feeling. A thinner self inflating mat would possibly help solve that but so would something like the Mamumut at 63cm wide ;)
May the bridges you burn light your way
gairym

Post by gairym »

s8tannorm wrote:I think I'm getting drawn towards something that bit bigger than the usual lightweight air mats. Nearly everything out there is 51cm wide and due to the height of the mats, I often get that 'I'm falling off' feeling. A thinner self inflating mat would possibly help solve that but so would something like the Mamumut at 63cm wide ;)
I've been thinking the same thing.

I'm 6'2" and not the narrowest person in the world and I'm yet to find a mat that I'm genuinely comfortable on.

My new POE Peak Elite AC 2/3's is fine (due to the vertical lines I think) but it's still a long way off feeling like I've got enough width.

The 'Comfort Pump Mat' looks like a sofa - nice!

They're not even 'that' expensive!

Hmmmm.....
Ian

Post by Ian »

A thinner self inflating mat would possibly help solve that
You mean like an "old fashioned" thermarest?
didnothingfatal

Post by didnothingfatal »

Stop the Internet! Discussion on the forum with comfort over weight

Not tried Mammut, have exped syn & down mats here, they ome into there own with cold ground conditions, we bought them for glacier camping. Personally, everything I've used by Mammut has been highest quality, so I think go for it!