new alpkit stuff (again)

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Yorlin

new alpkit stuff (again)

Post by Yorlin »

Hasn't appeared on the facebook feed so..

https://www.alpkit.com/spotlight/new-an ... %20goodies

The kettle looks shiny... but can I convince myself I need an insulated titanium mug? Surely tough guys drink their brew luke-warm?
FLV

Re: new alpkit stuff (again)

Post by FLV »

Theres new tents on there too (I think they're new) including a <1300g 2 man tent.

Not really a bikepacking shelter but would be great for touring maybe
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Shame the Ti water bottle isn't bigger, maybe 750ml with a wider mouth. Could have doubled as a water bottle / cooking pot.

EDIT: I thought that tent reminded me of something ...

May the bridges you burn light your way
jpw247

Post by jpw247 »

It's a dead ringer for the vaude hogan. The hogan was a good tent in the summer but dreadful in winds as there was no guy lines on the back. Ever tried sleeping with your legs in the air to stop a tent collapsing at 3 in the morning!
petemaz

Post by petemaz »

Shame the Ti water bottle isn't bigger, maybe 750ml with a wider mouth. Could have doubled as a water bottle / cooking pot.
That's exactly what I was thinking Stuart... I've been swithering over a Vargo BOT as a dual purpose water carrier/pot but it's pretty pricey, then when I saw this from Alpkit I was ready to pounce, but 550mls is just a wee bit small... anyway it's already sold out I see
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Kettle looks nice but the lid is a bit small so fitting stuff inside might be a bit of a pain (for packing). I like my MSR Titan Kettle anyway, despite it being smaller

The Ti bottle is nice, but as you say too small. I also thought about the dual use water bottle/pot thing but with the small size and reality check of never really needing to do that, I decided against it. I got the email and checked the website last night so could have bought one then
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

It looks like "lifestyle" stuff to me, rather than useful stuff for a bivi. No harm in it but equally not of much interest, personally.

£30 for an "insulated" mug is a bit crackers too given what you can pick up all sorts of equally functional alternatives for buttons. However, I admit to being strangely drawn to it in my eternal search for "the perfect one" :oops:
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Also a new 'fully featured' saddle bag, much more like the Revelate one in time for the WRT hopefully.
Yorlin

Post by Yorlin »

dlovett wrote:Also a new 'fully featured' saddle bag, much more like the Revelate one in time for the WRT hopefully.
Is there a new/updated koala or version of? I can't find it on the site! :oops:
Cheeky Monkey wrote:It looks like "lifestyle" stuff to me, rather than useful stuff for a bivi. No harm in it but equally not of much interest, personally.

£30 for an "insulated" mug is a bit crackers too given what you can pick up all sorts of equally functional alternatives for buttons. However, I admit to being strangely drawn to it in my eternal search for "the perfect one" :oops:
I think it's the brushed finish! :shock: I have a fair number of normal plasticky ones already :D nice to know it fits in a car cup-holder too... ?
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

It's not been released yet, so nothing in their site.