Framebag

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

mlambonja

Framebag

Post by mlambonja »

Anyone heard of this make of framebags? Looks like good quality.

http://www.buggybags.co.uk/pages/BikeBagOptions.htm
Taylor

Re: Framebag

Post by Taylor »

Quality of the work is good but the materials are quite "industrial"
Expect them to weigh upwards of half a kilo though for a basic bag!
Stevemorg

Post by Stevemorg »

I've got one and have used ot a few times now - as Flatfishy said it's a bit on the heavy side but is very well made and does the job! - for the price I don't think you can go wrong
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Weight will depend a lot on what design you specify.

Using the same 1000d heavy-weight cordura, my myog bag weighs in at 362g. That is for a double compartment design and is really quite sizable as it fits into my large framed 26" wheeled Lynskey which has a huge main triangle and is 60-70mmm wide.

If they are still flogging them for £50ish, they are a bit of a bargain and tbh I can't quite work out how they make any significant money from them.

Have you checked out the Wildcat luggage too? More expensive but a lot more refined.
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

I had a prototype framebag, the one on the Inbred in this picture on the BuggyBags page:

It is heavy material, but that bag is only 330g. The guy making these bags isn't a biker but the bag came out pretty well in the end. The more recent ones like Steve's seem to be even better, and as said above, for the price you can't complain.

(The one thing that annoyed me was he refused to make mine full frame as he thought there would be pedal strike. No amount of assurances or photos of clearances convinced him, hence the hybrid tangle/full frame bag I ended up with.)
didnothingfatal

Post by didnothingfatal »

Dyffers wrote: (The one thing that annoyed me was he refused to make mine full frame as he thought there would be pedal strike. No amount of assurances or photos of clearances convinced him, hence the hybrid tangle/full frame bag I ended up with.)
So the customer is always right!
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

Fits my large Swift frame nicely too
royAB

Post by royAB »

Have one of Jon's bags:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/75520444@N06/6931915939/ and in discussion about a new one. Does a fine job and very custom - note the extra velcro along the top edge for attaching 'stuff' to. Highly recommend (and in the UK too!)
gairym

Post by gairym »

i got an email today saying that Wildcat 'Leopard' bag is ready for delivery!!!!!

can't wait to get it on the give it a whirl.