Hello

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

nobbythesheep

Hello

Post by nobbythesheep »

Couldn't find a introduce yourself thread so here goes

Hi my name is Neil and I am an addict ,I've been addicted to mtbs now for nearly 27 years .ive always been an outdoors type of person ,well I'd have to be really as I'm a farmer lol.did a fair bit of hiking in my youth but it never really transferred across to my biking but it's always been an itch I'd wanted to scratch .after trying a friends fat bike a couple of years ago I decided last year to buy one as I thought it'd make the perfect machine for getting out and doing a bit of wild camping .ive got some kit tent , cooker etc but still researching as to other bits I need .
I'm fairly lucky as I live in north cumbria and the Pennines about a mile from my house so hopefully in the next couple of months i can gaze at the stars and ufo's from the top of the fell .
Taylor

Re: Hello

Post by Taylor »

Welcome Nobby,

Where do you live in North Cumbria?

Originally from Carlisle but growing softer down south in Bristol.

Taylor
nobbythesheep

Post by nobbythesheep »

About 6 miles from penrith eastbound on the a66 ,john climber knows me by my other name " Nobby "
Dave42w

Post by Dave42w »

nobbythesheep wrote:Couldn't find a introduce yourself thread so here goes
I'm also very new here. Not yet done any bikepacking or bivying and very little mountain biking. Lots of on road miles for daily transport plus lots more for fun and exercise.

I've entered the "Ford Fiesta: Winter Event" (Jan 10/11) and also plan to do "The Welsh Ride Thing" (May 2/3/4).

I've found people here friendly, passionate, helpful and completely mad :-)
Ian

Post by Ian »

Dave42w wrote:I've found people here friendly, passionate, helpful and completely mad :-)
But not necessarily in that order :wink:
Dave42w

Post by Dave42w »

Ian wrote:
Dave42w wrote:I've found people here friendly, passionate, helpful and completely mad :-)
But not necessarily in that order :wink:
Sure, some variation appears to be acceptable!

But should I have added sadistic and/or masochistic?
landel

Post by landel »

Welcome Nobby,

Very new to this game myself but there's great information and tips to be had around here. Enjoy.
nobbythesheep

Post by nobbythesheep »

Thankyou for the replies ,think I already fall under the sadistic marker as there's nothing better after been in work 12hrs getting wet and cold than to get home get changed and grab bike and go back out into said wet and cold lol.
From what I've read so far I've found some good tips .the only good tip I've got so far is instead of getting overly expensive winter bike shoes just go on fleabay and get some neoprene surfers socks , the ones I've got are by a company called " two bare feet " .they kept my feet toasty and warm last winter
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Welcome Nobby..

Great bunch on here, get yourself signed up for the next event :cool:
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

About 6 miles from penrith eastbound on the a66
Welcome, we spent some time riding round there those parts this summer, and thouroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to visiting again.

ImageHigh Cup Nick by RichSeipp

ImageTowards Cross Fell by RichSeipp

ImageOn the way up Cross Fell by RichSeipp
nobbythesheep

Post by nobbythesheep »

Was going to enter the ford fiesta but after checking calendar I've noticed I'm working that weekend ,I'll be out soon enough.
Richpips give us a shout next time your over
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Get yourself down to North Wales the weekend after next for the Saturday night Fat Bike bivi ride.

And bring your cash for my climbing finger board while you're at it :wink:
nobbythesheep

Post by nobbythesheep »

I'm milking every weekend now Jon up until the weekend of the 6th December .must apologise for nor phoning you back the other Saturday as I feel a sleep in chair after been on bike and only woke about 10pm