how excited

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

slowupslowdown-under

Re: how excited

Post by slowupslowdown-under »

Ian, we'll sort tonight at the hotel!! Didn't panic!

2 meetings in brum and then head off, pack repack relax repeat I guess!!

Mantra for the weekend 'one day we'll be too old for this s**t. Today is not that day'
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

slowupslowdown wrote:Mantra for the weekend 'one day we'll be too old for this s**t. Today is not that day'
Now that is a great mantra!

Love it...

Struggling to concentrate today. Excitement/nerves building well. Hopefully to a peek of energy that will keep the pedals turning for over 200KM this weekend...

:)

Si
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

ianfitz wrote:Ill be more excited later today when I can hopefully figure out why my SP hub and revo light don't seem to be working all of a sudden.

Arrrrrgggggh!
Ian if you want I can put my Revo and connectors in the car and bring for you as I am using batteries and a torch. I also have an SP but it is on a 650B wheel. You are welcome to borrow either if you cannot sort it
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
ir_bandito

Post by ir_bandito »

Gutted.
You and me both :-(

On the positive side, if you're not there, the weather won't be too bad :-)
Ben98

Post by Ben98 »

Less excited
More terrified
:???:
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

Manic here getting the family packed up for a jolly as well sorting out my kit. I've also had a cold since Monday but decided 2 days ago I'd be on the start line anyway. Symptoms subsiding a little today so all good :-bd

Weighed the loaded bike last night at 31lbs including 4lb of food (not chancing any stops), although my overnight clothes and water are on my back so extra to the bike weight. Hoping 28lbs to shoulder on the later hikeabike (having eaten a load of the food) won't be as arduous as Carnau at midnight 2 years ago.
mountainbaker

Post by mountainbaker »

I'm excited about hallucinating about geometric sheep at 3am. Something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQO-aOdJLiw
Ben98

Post by Ben98 »

mountainbaker wrote:I'm excited about hallucinating about geometric sheep at 3am. Something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQO-aOdJLiw
Note to self....
Withdraw from race if envisaging the above
ir_bandito

Post by ir_bandito »

Weighed the loaded bike last night at 31lbs including 4lb of foo
Yikes! Mine was 40lb! That said, all I'll have on my back is water and a spare pair of socks and gloves, and my borrowed sleeping bag is a lot heavier than I realised.
Mandicky

Post by Mandicky »

mountainbaker wrote:I'm excited about hallucinating about geometric sheep at 3am. Something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQO-aOdJLiw
Something of "The Thing" about that video :) It did make me laugh though - and spend an hour of my life going through the rest of Cyriak's videos... An hour well spent.

Those 'middle of the night' hallucinations are always fun though :smile:
larsmars

Post by larsmars »

I love those Cyriak videos. I think he creates the crazy music himself as well. He's a regular on the b3ta.com forum.
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

I really shouldn't have clicked on that......i just know that's going to haunt me tomorrow night now ~X(
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
Mart

Post by Mart »

ha ha thats ace - can get it out of my head now. Just want to say good luck to one and all
2924 miles per Gallon
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Shitting myself with excitement! Bring on the road trip...
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Thanks all for offers of help and suggestions. I'm sorted with a fully functioning bike now :-)

A trip to 18 bikes, and a swap for their 'courtesy dynamo wheel' revealed that my hub is dead. For the second time. A bit concerning really but good timing as if it had been 36 hours later...

I've had this one since last November and have ridden about 4000km on it in all seasons. Guessing it will be replaced under warranty again, SP (or the distributor) paid for it to be rebuilt etc last time so hoping for the same this time.

But now have a old skool shimano hub on a flow rim. Sturdy but effective!
Dave42w

Post by Dave42w »

ianfitz wrote:Thanks all for offers of help and suggestions. I'm sorted with a fully functioning bike now :-)

A trip to 18 bikes, and a swap for their 'courtesy dynamo wheel' revealed that my hub is dead. For the second time. A bit concerning really but good timing as if it had been 36 hours later...

I've had this one since last November and have ridden about 4000km on it in all seasons. Guessing it will be replaced under warranty again, SP (or the distributor) paid for it to be rebuilt etc last time so hoping for the same this time.

But now have a old skool shimano hub on a flow rim. Sturdy but effective!
Wow that is not good! I have two Schmidt Son Delux. One is a 4yr old model 20 on my Bullitt Cargobike. Done several 1,000 miles including through plenty of floods. The only maintenance is to clean the eDelux light lens occasionally. The second is a model 28, approaching 2 years old on my Shand Stoater, done over 5,000 miles. Never had a problem. I ride all year round but not much off road.