pbw

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

paramart

pbw

Post by paramart »

rode up to stand edge, top,of the dark peak map it started to get harder after chee dale some great downs some iffy with all the gear on, plenty of pushing on the rougher ups, this is where my garmin auto,s off but then it does not restart for some reason so i end up with straight lines, or riding for ages without realizing it,s not clocking the milage,so could not get an accurate mileage, weather was brill only rained just as i got home plenty of places to get your head down but i chose to carry on until i was under pylons, and the flight path into manchester airport, new luxe mini peak11 was easy to put up in the dark, had to try it in stealth mode forgot to open the vents so a bit of condensation but otherwise very good plenty of room practiced wet weather drills putting my gear away, went to my brothers in mossley for the night, then rode back via the road and tissington trail to rugeley some long hard hills which could do with cycle paths due to the hgv,s which seem relentless, on the whole pleased with how it went but will slim down on some of the crap i took, water gets harder to source after chee dale, nice chippy in hayfield after a great decent, the only thing i found was the markers can be hard to spot on some fast down hills which resulted in alot of back tracking up steep hills, fair play to anyone who does it all the way up and down,
it's not that I can and others can't, it's that I will and others won't.
slarge

Re: pbw

Post by slarge »

And breath....

It's a good ride though.
Mart

Post by Mart »

You done it then :) good lad
Remember you were talking about it for a while.
2924 miles per Gallon
paramart

Post by paramart »

it would be great if planned properly mart, but well pleased with the tent, 12 days to ssuk see you there :-bd
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

Nice to meet you today mart - I think its the first time I have randomly met someone off here in the real world!
Does that mean we are less niche and becoming more main stream?! Not quite trending on twitter (tfft!) :lol:
paramart

Post by paramart »

yeah uncanny asked your son if it was his dads bike, surprised when he said no my mums, made a great job of the frame bag, hope to see you at an event one day :-bd