Do you use a synthetic bag?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Do you use a synthetic bag?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I do tend to use down bags but I have to say that sometimes when it's not really cold but possibly quite wet I do pack a light/cheap synthetic bag instead. If it's a trip of more than one night I sometimes find I can get a touch paranoid about a down bag ... there isn't always the option to dry the thing out during the day.

Anyone else suffer from 'down paranoia'?
May the bridges you burn light your way
MM-on-POINT

Re: Do you use a synthetic bag?

Post by MM-on-POINT »

I use as synthetic mt hardware lamina 20 mainly because I am a hot sweaty sleeper and find it the right size when packed down.
I used down a lot when I was younger and hated the the cold & lumpy spots although down has come along way in the last ten years I still prefer synths even for my home duvets
but the main attraction is being able to wash it more and easier, my lamina 20 was not cheap and I have seen other bags that pack down real small for big money how ever i don't have big money.

who else uses synthetic and what do you have??
didnothingfatal

Re: Do you use a synthetic bag?

Post by didnothingfatal »

I mainly use down, but also have a Mountain Equipment Sleepwalker for wet damp conditions. It's not a bad bag, but the packed volume means I really think twice before taking it anywhere. Unless it's days out, I just take care of the down bag and pack it carefully in a drybag.