HTR550 2015 Grand Depart.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

fatbikephil

Re: HTR550 2015 Grand Depart.

Post by fatbikephil »

I think its fair do's and the events Alan's listed will make good training rides in any case. I plan to have a wander round the Cairngorm loop in July and I'd like to give the Lakeland route a go, maybe over two days in September. I suppose my only thought is that this year only 36 made it to the start line after an initial interest of 60 plus - could adding the qualifying race as a condition of entry reduce the grid to a handfull?
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

it seems fair to me, provides clear evidence of competence. Rather than just keen-ness.

obviously both will be required!
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

htrider wrote:I think its fair do's and the events Alan's listed will make good training rides in any case. I plan to have a wander round the Cairngorm loop in July and I'd like to give the Lakeland route a go, maybe over two days in September. I suppose my only thought is that this year only 36 made it to the start line after an initial interest of 60 plus - could adding the qualifying race as a condition of entry reduce the grid to a handfull?
Alan said that he was capping the starter list at 60 and that he was expecting no more than 40 to start as many would withdraw beforehand (as I did). I guess there's the possibility that having that qualifier requirement will mean a much larger start grid.

Entry date for 2014 was November 2013. I guess that any potential contenders better get their finger out to do something about it this summer/autumn .....
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

Richpips wrote: I also met a couple of chaps at the top of Devil's Staircase who were embarking on the 440. At Mayhem last week, I met one of them who said they didn't get round as his mate had got very ill and they had to abandon.
OT: By any chance did they have brand spanking new Alpkit drybags up front? If so, I met them too just at the wee tunnel under the railway near Bridge of Orchy. A shame they didn't get round.
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

OT: By any chance did they have brand spanking new Alpkit drybags up front? If so, I met them too just at the wee tunnel under the railway near Bridge of Orchy. A shame they didn't get round.
Yep, that was them. Both guys very fit and able.