WRT 2014 Missed Due To Cancer...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

rocklobstercat

WRT 2014 Missed Due To Cancer...

Post by rocklobstercat »

I was all set to do the WRT this year but two days before the event my wife Michelle was diagnosed with cancer. This was completely unexpected and a huge blow for both of us. We are remaining positive and want to battle this thing head on. Michelle has focused her positive attitude into helping someone else with cancer as it's her way with coping with it. A friend of ours called Glenn Johnstone is an above the knee amputee having lost his leg through cancer a few years ago and he has Hodgkin's Lymphoma cancer now. Glenn has an artificial leg called a Bartlett Tendon which allows him to ride his Sandman Hoggar fat bike. He is an inspiration to everyone around him, despite having one leg is a keen cyclist and has just recently got into bikepacking. He is raising money for a charity called Artic ONE who help people (abled and disabled) affected by cancer get into cycling and other sports.

I'm plugging this on various other websites but thought I would mention it to fellow bikepackers on this forum. All Michelle is asking for is £1 to be donated to the following:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundrai ... nJohnstone

I would please urge you all fellow bikepackers to donate just £1 to the above and I hope myself and Glenn can make it to next years WRT.

Check out Glenn's blog at: kotz68.blogspot.co.uk or see him in action at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LEbf2P_6Xo. - or check out his youtube channel.

I missed the WRT this year because of my wife's cancer so am looking forward to seeing any videos you all post. Sorry to put a bit of a downer on the forum when you guys will all be on a high.

Many thanks

Lee.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: WRT 2014 Missed Due To Cancer...

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I don't imagine there's much anyone can really say at a time like this, so I'd suggest the best cause of action would be for everyone to show their support for Michelle and Lee by making a donation via the link in the OP.
May the bridges you burn light your way
pushbikemike

Post by pushbikemike »

Donation made.

Hopefully you will be able to draw strength from those around you and find support to help you cope.

Best wishes.
Mike
rocklobstercat

Post by rocklobstercat »

Thanks for the kind words Mike and thanks to everyone who have donated. We are absolutely overwhelmed by everyone's kindness and generosity.