Sorted

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Escape Goat

Sorted

Post by Escape Goat »

Hi all,

I've hired a spot tracker for the HT and I'm just making sure I have a plan B. I've paid and I've been told it will be shipped usually a couple of days before the event. I've mentioned that I need it 3 days before due to travel arrangements on a couple of occasions, but not had a firm confirmation of this.

Does anyone have one that I can hire off them at all please ? I know it's a big ask, but I'm just trying to get a solid plan now, so I'm not stressing about it later.
Last edited by Escape Goat on Thu May 09, 2024 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Spot Tracker Anyone Please?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've a brand new Gen 1 you can have but you'd need to register it etc. You'd be welcome to it.
May the bridges you burn light your way
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

You'll be fine Allan, I've rented trackers for the last two HT's and they always turn up, usually a day early.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I'm travelling up the Thursday before the GD on Sat...

I'm not sure they still support that one Stu - their website isn't the best and they're never that good with pricing structure or at least one that I understand.

I've just emailed the chaps I've hired from asking for confirmation that the 22nd is the latest I'll receive. I said when I needed it from a few times, but yet to have confirmation.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Well the company just cancelled my order for my spot. Negotiation wasn’t on the cards and I was upfront before I placed my order with them when I needed it for :(
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I've got a Gen 3 you could borrow but it's not currently registered etc. Looking on the SPOT website it would cost around €80 for one month on the flex plan which looks the cheapest way to do it.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I’ve had so many messages already, kinda taken back. It’s already sorted out!

Mrs even said that I shouldn’t have said when I’m leaving for Scotland, should have said the day before - just thought it was obvious that if I’m leaving AM 23rd I wouldn’t be there for delivery. Guess it wasn’t obvious.

Thank you all 😀