What are you reading now?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Alan63

Re: What are you reading now?

Post by Alan63 »

Blackhound wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:28 pm Colditz by Ben Mcintire. Really enjoying it, I saw the tv series in the early 70’s and this book shows it in a different light. I had not realised the school you went to was so important and that the officers had a batman to do the duties, and these guys weren’t allowed to escape.
Read it recently. Surprised by the old school tie mentality too. Douglas Bader came across as a right bastard.
BaM 2021
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Alan63 - Bader did not come across very well. After I finished it I was sorting some books out and found a book from a charity shop I have never read, or even recall buying. It was by and about the 'Prominente' Romilly and Alexander. Working my way through it now, struggling a bit with the style but will finish it.

If you want it when I am done dm me your address and I will put it in the post - along with the elastic bands holding it together!
Boab

Post by Boab »

Since my last update, I've knocked off both of these, which I thought were excellent and inspiring: I then started to read Disaster Capitalism by Antony Loewenstein, but have had to put it down. I'm now knee deep in: I wont lie, there have been more than a few tears in the last week.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

I also have Jenny Graham’s book on the go on my Kindle. I am enjoying it but I hadn’t realised just how quick she was moving. The first 7,200km in about 23kph moving speed.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Starting on Jenny Tough’s book, Solo :-bd

Heard her on the bikes or death podcast (thanks escape goatee for mentioning about this podcast) and thought she was vaguely exciting. Couldn’t wait for that episode could finish so I could start on her book

Linky to podcast
https://open.spotify.com/episode/4qtX05 ... WBiBWmJqow