Exped Downmat clumping... maybe

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

thenorthwind

Exped Downmat clumping... maybe

Post by thenorthwind »

I thought I had an issue with my Exped Downmat with the down clumping at one end of the mat... but I'm not actually sure. I can feel a soft lump all across the end of the mat where the valve is and where the chambers are linked together. I inflated in and tried to work the down, er, down and with a light behind I can see one or two feathers floating down. There's still a noticeable accumulation though. But then I wondered if I was being an idiot, and there's actually a strip of open cell foam in there to keep the channel open. Anyone know? Haven't noticed a problem with the mat in use, I should add.

Richpips

Re: Exped Downmat clumping... maybe

Post by Richpips »

Could be a daemon or genie taking advantage of the warmth????
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Richpips wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:10 pm Could be a daemon or genie taking advantage of the warmth????
Now you've said it I think I can see its eyes :grin:
Boab

Post by Boab »

Mine feels like it has something similar at the top of the mat. I assumed it was a bit of foam to stop the down for migrating between tubes... 🤷
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Boab wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:00 pm Mine feels like it has something similar at the top of the mat. I assumed it was a bit of foam to stop the down for migrating between tubes... 🤷
I guess this is the sort of reassurance I was after. Think you're probably right. Cheers.