packable fleece?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BridlewayBimbler

Re: packable fleece?

Post by BridlewayBimbler »

I think Altura make a- sort of- packable water-resistant fleece? :???: Its called AllRoads, or something like that? Also worth looking at merino. Rivelo also make some nice tops-I got a couple via SportsPursuit and they are great and were fairly cheap. :grin:
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

MuddyPete wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:19 amsuspect
MuddyPete wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:19 amsewing
MuddyPete wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:19 ampandas
Reg, please tell me you didn't...

(I'm not at all tearing any quotes out of context.)

This talk about functional clothing reminded me of my wool jumpers, especially the one made of lettlopi (an Icelandic wool), which are, for specific weather, incredibly functional. Best is, my girlfriend made them :-bd

James, perhaps worth looking onto something short sleeved too to save some space but still have insulation in the crucial spots. Be it an old fleece with torn sleeves, waiting to be modded or eg the OMM Core t-shirt.
psling

Post by psling »

Alpinum wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:05 pm
This talk about functional clothing reminded me of my wool jumpers, especially the one made of lettlopi (an Icelandic wool), which are, for specific weather, incredibly functional. Best is, my girlfriend made them :-bd
Way, way back my mother crocheted a short-sleeved jumper for me which worn next to skin and under a tee shirt was probably the warmest base layer I have ever worn. Like a thick mesh top! That was back in the 70s for winter hillwalking.
James, perhaps worth looking onto something short sleeved too to save some space but still have insulation in the crucial spots. Be it an old fleece with torn sleeves, waiting to be modded or eg the OMM Core t-shirt.
I also have a Headpoint fleece tee shirt from ooh, probably the late eighties but have to admit I haven't worn it in ages.

Sorry, Gian's post has got me all reminiscent! :smile:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.