Capital trail... but which version?

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Polisherman

Capital trail... but which version?

Post by Polisherman »

'ow do. We're going to have a go at this in April. But I'm not sure which "Capital trail" we'll be doing at the moment!
Has anyone got the current gpx file?
The map on bikepacking.com in places doesn't match the written description. I've not checked the whole thing, but around Minch Moor/Traquair it's different.
There's a link to another gpx file which seems to match the description. It's approx 235km as opposed to 250km.
I have a feeling that the route map on bikepacking.com is probably a more up to date version and that's what we'll use...
fatbikephil

Re: Capital trail... but which version?

Post by fatbikephil »

There was some chat on this between me and Lazarus a wee while back - I have the old route and he had the new one, which I think is the one on Bikepacking.com. A forum search may find it.....

If you pm me an email address I'll send you the one I have - from 2018 I think.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

He is correct we did discuss this but that is as much as i remember. Good recall Sir.
OK just checked
Still on memory map so differences at melrose/ selkirk
Avoid the one that goes from river tweed through raelees wood up cribb hill its horrible. Blown over trees and pretty much Impassable/ relentless struggle over or under fairly large (10.ft ish) trunks. I threw my bike ober a wall to push through a bog
GO THROUGH SELKIRK
Think bikepacking cuts through edinburgh and other goes to Crummond and along sea fromt
Polisherman

Post by Polisherman »

Cheers, I think it's starting to make sense now!
The map on bikepacking.com must be the revised version. It avoids Raelees Wood AND GOES TO SELKIRK :wink:
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

2015 route emailed and our previous discussion has all come back to my ageing memory :-bd
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Glad i got my message across :wink: :lol: