Winter Jennride video !

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

postierich

Winter Jennride video !

Post by postierich »

Been sent this video from the #WinterJennride put together by a lass called Beth. I think she has done rather well even getting me to smile on camera!
75 out of the 93 riders started the ride in some pretty poor conditions, they faced a 100 mile ride with 9 checkpoints to visit if they were that way inclined. Alpkit provided the well earned snack station before the climb up to Kirkstone Inn. Constant rain meant the riders were pitching the tent at Langdale Campsite, thats if they could find some grass which was not water logged! The Old Dungeon Ghyll provided the hot food and free beer if you got there earlier enough which was very kindly donated by Stu Taylor - . The following day the sun came out of hiding and shone on the riders for the majority of the day. A nice early climb rewarded the riders with some stunning views over the Langdale Valley before they headed over towards Coniston and the Walna Scar road to Torver. Final proper food at the Wilson Arms before the route took them over Hawkshead Hill spitting them out at Brathay before reaching the Alpkit feed station, fed and watered the smiley riders set off before the final stretch home. 3 rivers descent down into Staveley made sure the bikes were pretty much mud free before finally finishing at the Hawkshead Brewery for a well earned pint.
£1350 raised for St Gemmas Hospice and £1350 to ridersresilience
#ridersresilience #StGemmas #Alpkit
Big thanks to my helpers /Wheelbase Cycles / Alpkit / Jumpy James Photography & Web https://www.facebook.com/media/set/... the superb pics and of course The GirlGoneNomad!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XYYcVxK6gE
boxelder

Re: Winter Jennride video !

Post by boxelder »

Nice work on the video, not even spoiled by me and Dave appearing a couple of times. Must take hours to edit something like that.
Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

Good stuff did spot myself and a few others wetter than an Otters pocket :lol: see ya for the summer edition
Living On Dreams & Custard Creams
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

boxelder wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:16 am not even spoiled by me and Dave appearing a couple of times
:lol: we were even riding our bikes at one point
Yeah, nice work. Helped me explain to my mum what I was doing :lol:
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

:lol: we were even riding our bikes at one point
Finally thrown my lurgy and had my first ride since then, last night. Just as wet.....
Just entered for May.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Christ, that's hung around for long enough :shock:
Not sure about May, got quite a few other things in the calendar, inc. Tor Divide the weekend before. Also, possibly NYM300 (haven't ruled out an extended ride either - will probably look at starting from Thirsk if that's the case though. The logistics of getting to Skipton just don't make sense for me, even even we teamed up with two cars. Whichever way you cut it, I end up finished a multi-day ride an hour's drive/train from home, but with a 3 and a half hour plus journey home via Skipton, which sounds like a terrible idea).