Cycle Travel route planner for off road trails? Comments?

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Teaman

Cycle Travel route planner for off road trails? Comments?

Post by Teaman »

Hi,

I'm keen to know if anyone here has experience of using the Cycletravel website/app to create off road routes. I've seen quite a few comments on FB etc from cyclists who rate it very highly but would appreciate your feedbackcomments esp. in terms of the off road routes the planner creates. You can choose to create the off road route options by selecting the gravel option. Are their routes generally good and rideable? I have heard mixed views on Kamoot routes where you can come unstuck because it's not always that accurate and am hoping this is better.

This is a route I'm considering which it came up with today. I appreciate that it makes sense to have a close up look at where the route takes you which is something that I will do but just wanted to sound folk out here who may have personal experience of using their devised routes.

https://cycle.travel/map/journey/538005

Thanks in advance.

Andy
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Cycle Travel route planner for off road trails? Comments?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've never tried it in 'gravel' mode but have always had fair to good results following a non-specific route.
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Re: Cycle Travel route planner for off road trails? Comments?

Post by RIP »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:15 pm 'gravel' mode
Is that the one where R@pha-wearing yuppies from Chelsea roll up in their BMWs, hoik their electric gravelbikes off the roofrack, and want a ready-made obstruction-free route to the Michelin starred cafe for lunch? :smile:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster