Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Hyppy

Re: Winter Jennride

Post by Hyppy »

boxelder wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:41 pm
Hyppy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:16 pm
boxelder wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:05 pm
I was in an orange jacket with a Kendal CC logo on the back.
Should be asking on the WJ thread, but was it you riding with Jamie Hyppy?
Moving conversation from the BAM thread: Nah, I rode solo. I saw Jamie early on in Ambleside then in the ODG in the evening, but not Sunday.
Ah, so maybe it was you on a blue bike with flared drops, that arrived just after me and Dave at the toilet block at Swirls car park, before the GPX feck up/Interesting steep forest singletrack, and then passed us shortly afterwards?
Yeah, that's me. Nice to meet you!
riderdown

Post by riderdown »

before the GPX feck up/Interesting steep forest singletrack,
I regarded it as a small tribute to BB200, a steep downhill push through the woods along a wall was the gpx route which I followed
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Hyppy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:17 am
Moving conversation from the BAM thread: Nah, I rode solo. I saw Jamie early on in Ambleside then in the ODG in the evening, but not Sunday.
Ah, so maybe it was you on a blue bike with flared drops, that arrived just after me and Dave at the toilet block at Swirls car park, before the GPX feck up/Interesting steep forest singletrack, and then passed us shortly afterwards?
I thought that might have been you with the neatly packed front roll :wink: :cool: Nice to meet you... hopefully better circumstances than a toilet block in the pouring rain next time!
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

thenorthwind wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:07 pm
I thought that might have been you with the neatly packed front roll :wink: :cool: Nice to meet you... hopefully better circumstances than a toilet block in the pouring rain next time!
I'm not sure it's the 'done thing' to comment upon the packing of a gentleman's front roll Dave......
It's funny how quickly memories of sunshine, dry gloves and free ale have replaced Saturday's meteorological misery. As Bob wrote and everyone thought - lucky it wasn't 5 deg cooler.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

boxelder wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:15 pm
thenorthwind wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:07 pm
I'm not sure it's the 'done thing' to comment upon the packing of a gentleman's front roll Dave......
It's funny how quickly memories of sunshine, dry gloves and free ale have replaced Saturday's meteorological misery. As Bob wrote and everyone thought - lucky it wasn't 5 deg cooler.
Maybe not, but not sure such rules apply when meeting strangers by the public toilets :???:
Hyppy

Post by Hyppy »

thenorthwind wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:35 pm
boxelder wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:15 pm
Maybe not, but not sure such rules apply when meeting strangers by the public toilets :???:
Why thank you for noticing, Dave! And when, albeit not those toilets, there's underfloor heating on offer there are no rules. I only heard of one guy giving up on camping and seeking warm, dry, 3am solace in there, mind.
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

https://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk ... teenagers/

Well done to these three teenagers for completing the route and camp, and to chief cheer leader/motivator Stu Taylor.
:-bd
Hyppy

Post by Hyppy »

boxelder wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:46 am https://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk ... teenagers/

Well done to these three teenagers for completing the route and camp, and to chief cheer leader/motivator Stu Taylor.
:-bd
Good stuff! They had skillz too, managing to ride a fair bit of the Garburn hike-a-bike while I huffed and puffed my way up and over.
riderdown

Post by riderdown »

I was yo-yoing with them on a lot of it, the Dads made some smart decisions on later sections of day one to cut out some of the more "interesting" bits in the woods etc

Good effort and glad to see they did it fund raising for their rugby club
postierich

Post by postierich »

Finally on the mend apologies for the extra grumpiness but the acute lung infection is sorting its self out with the relevent drugs!!
I could tell I was ill as I could not drink beer and there was a free bar at the ODG

Congrats to all riders that took on that route which was devised for winter conditions which failed to materialise so warm and wet it was!

Apologies for the track deviation opposite Thirlmere I did ride that part of the route but plotted it wrong!!

The Langdale Campsite worked well apart from the Camp manager waking me up at 7am to ask me to wake everyone one up to remove items from the shower rooms :-) arse obviously I took it upon myself to gather the equipment and dump in the packed out drying room!

£3000 raised to be split between St Gemmas and Riderresilience the 3 lads got a donating of a £100 for being ace :-)

It will happen next year if people want it