Saddle design

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mart

Saddle design

Post by Mart »

Had to do a double take, when I saw one of these go past me when walking. Looks weird, but somehow intrigued at to whether they are any good.
Anyone use one?

https://bikerumor.com/taipei-all-wings- ... ext-level/
2924 miles per Gallon
RIP

Re: Saddle design

Post by RIP »

Not tried that one (£130+?!) but as part of my Great Saddle Investigation I bought one of these:

... which I have to say wasn't 100% successful, so I then had a go with one of these which strangely enough almost worked...

... but not quite, because it was too slippery and I kept sliding fore and aft.

Had fun trying though, and both were certainly nicer on The Bits than 'normal' saddles.

Have never understood the appeal of 'razorblade' seating arrangements such as the Fi'z:ik Gobi etc. I've now standardised on the Selle Max S5 Superflow with its extra wide cutout. Next time I might have a bash with this, which should surely be half the price of everything else given that it's got half the parts:

"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

RIP wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:26 pm should surely be half the price of everything else given that it's got half the parts
I worry the same could quite quickly apply to the owner too :shock:
gecko76

Post by gecko76 »

Saw this being demo-ed in real life outside the Scottish Parliament a few years back. Looked about as comfortable.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

I suspect the issue with that will be like the one Reg tried - you'd be constantly having to stop your self from sliding back or forward. So you exchange butt pain for wrist pain....
Can't help thinking that if I can sit on a conventional saddle for 31 hours (Ok with some walking :grin: ) I don't really need to try anything too mad like that. As long as there is a generous cut out of course....
RIP

Post by RIP »

thenorthwind wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:51 pm
RIP wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:26 pm should surely be half the price of everything else given that it's got half the parts
I worry the same could quite quickly apply to the owner too :shock:
:lol: :lol:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Johnallan

Post by Johnallan »

I've never managed to find anything comfortable for over about 4 hours. After that its just varying degrees of tolerance and pain management.