Winter Event 2024: Power Seekers - Watt did you do?

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

NeilA

Re: Winter Event 2024: Power Seekers - Watt did you do?

Post by NeilA »

RIP wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:37 am
NeilA wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:44 pm Fortunately we snuck in the Comedy Festival campsite for a cheeky uninvited incursion amidst VW's etc o:-)
I'd forgotten about that! Very stylish indeed that was :-bd . I must tag along in your wake (*) sometime, I appreciate seeing connoisseurs at work :smile: .

(*) nooo-o-o, not that sort of wake :wink: .. hopefully things never get that skitterish....
Lol :lol: Reg I am honoured that you wish so, reckon I know the wake you mean X_X b-)
Maybe you could join me on a rerun of that famous pitch, the Festie once again coincides with WRT, only a connoisseur would chav a free pitch with security onsite \M/
Sponsored by Alpkit
Top buyer from Joe's shop, Weirdos on Bikes
RIP

Post by RIP »

WRT.. will bear, sorry, "Bear", in mind. Also I gather you're a Worcester man. Thinking of a couple of japes over there this year.. poss a sort of "cider trail" perhaps, although that could be "dangerous" :smile: . See what pans out.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
NeilA

Post by NeilA »

RIP wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:54 am WRT.. will bear, sorry, "Bear", in mind. Also I gather you're a Worcester man. Thinking of a couple of japes over there this year.. poss a sort of "cider trail" perhaps, although that could be "dangerous" :smile: . See what pans out.
Yes indeed Reg :wink: , running amok in Worcestershire/Herefordshire sounds proper bikepacking, onwards :-bd
Sponsored by Alpkit
Top buyer from Joe's shop, Weirdos on Bikes
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Not a massive write up person, but I put a few clips together here; https://youtu.be/gMte97jZR-0?si=a_P9-wdgsBn8_768
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Nice work Allen, did you by chance slip a few BB200 clips in there too :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Thanks Stuart. We had a couple of Strata flash backs for sure 😏
Boab

Post by Boab »

I did not know the luxury camp came with cats!
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

Escape Goat wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:32 am Not a massive write up person, but I put a few clips together here; https://youtu.be/gMte97jZR-0?si=a_P9-wdgsBn8_768
Good film, thanks for that :-bd .
Surprised & delighted at my cameo appearance, too. How did that happen...? :lol:
May you always have tail wind.
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Following on from my 1 minute trailer film earlier in this thread, I thought I'd best put a link up to the 6 minute version.
Enjoy:
https://youtu.be/PYnWcdtPIjY?si=Jo-OqpA-VhQkP8je
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Haha, it was just meant to be! Also Jeffs video is link in the description of mine :) he makes a very good video.
AndreR

Post by AndreR »

summittoppler wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:59 pm Following on from my 1 minute trailer film earlier in this thread, I thought I'd best put a link up to the 6 minute version.
Enjoy:
https://youtu.be/PYnWcdtPIjY?si=Jo-OqpA-VhQkP8je
Very pleased to have been invited to join in with the fun and have enjoyed the videos!! :grin: Cheers up a wet and windy weekend no end! :-bd
If at first you don't succeed you're running about average!

Introverts Unite! We are here, we are uncomfortable and we want to go home.
Boab

Post by Boab »

I'm not sure who this is, but I'd be interested in finding out what these overshoes are...? They look like they're over flat pedal shoes, if so, I could really do with a pair...

MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

Boab wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:10 pm I'm not sure who this is, but I'd be interested in finding out what these overshoes are...? They look like they're over flat pedal shoes, if so, I could really do with a pair...

Blimey - That's me! Two video appearances and I'm wearing something vaguely useful as well. I'm so giddy with excitement I'll have to go and have a lie-down :lol: .

Anyway: back to usefulness. They're Halford's "Ridge" neoprene overshoes, £13. I think Shaf bought some a few weeks ago, too.
They're similar to the On One ones, but with an ineffective velcro attachment underneath. I was wearing them over walking shoes and they're fairly weatherproof. They don't ping off the toes when pedalling, but can do when walking.

Not puppy-proof, but cheap enough to be disposable :roll:.
May you always have tail wind.
Boab

Post by Boab »

MuddyPete wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:53 pm
Boab wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:10 pm I'm not sure who this is, but I'd be interested in finding out what these overshoes are...? They look like they're over flat pedal shoes, if so, I could really do with a pair...
Blimey - That's me! Two video appearances and I'm wearing something vaguely useful as well. I'm so giddy with excitement I'll have to go and have a lie-down :lol: .

Anyway: back to usefulness. They're Halford's "Ridge" neoprene overshoes, £13. I think Shaf bought some a few weeks ago, too.
They're similar to the On One ones, but with an ineffective velcro attachment underneath. I was wearing them over walking shoes and they're fairly weatherproof. They don't ping off the toes when pedalling, but can do when walking.

Not puppy-proof, but cheap enough to be disposable :roll:.
With the pins in the flat pedals, they're going to have to be treated as disposable... 🤣