2 day loop south Scotland

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

pete68

2 day loop south Scotland

Post by pete68 »

Planning on riding the Badger Divide in April and will be finishing on a Wednesday. This leaves room for a 2 dayer on the Friday/Saturday before driving home on the Sunday. Ideally not too epic and mostly rideable! Any good ideas? Capitol trail looks good but will be too long.
yourguitarhero

Re: 2 day loop south Scotland

Post by yourguitarhero »

This looks pleasant:
https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/borders ... -way.shtml

You could cycle down the Tweed from Peebles. Also very pleasant and there is a lot of riding of all kinds there.
rudedog

Post by rudedog »

pete68 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:17 pm Planning on riding the Badger Divide in April and will be finishing on a Wednesday. This leaves room for a 2 dayer on the Friday/Saturday before driving home on the Sunday. Ideally not too epic and mostly rideable! Any good ideas? Capitol trail looks good but will be too long.
You can shorten the capital trail by a fair bit, we normally a version of it in two and a half days (and this is usually pootling it!)
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

I've got plenty of stuff to do in Fife - up to a 200k loop of easy riding and nice trails. But a bit a hassle to get too from Glasgow... PM me if it suits and I can hand over some gpx's.
Plenty of options in Dumfries and Galloway - mix up some of the better bits of the Southern Upland Way with forest tracks. A few nice bothies too.