Peaty's Biofibre sealant

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

rufus748

Peaty's Biofibre sealant

Post by rufus748 »

Swapped in the summer to Peaty's having been wowed by the adverts and was very impressed. Typical thorn punctures were sealing in half a rotation. Now winters here and the roads are wet it's not sealing at all. If it does it just blows through again in seconds, same process on the last four punctures.

Anybody else running Peatys and having similar issues or heard of such?

I'm wondering as it's because its a 'Bio' sealant and water soluble in which case it's pretty useless apart from hot weather riding.
MarkW

Re: Peaty's Biofibre sealant

Post by MarkW »

Have you replaced it since the summer?

"lasts up to 6 months"
Hyppy

Post by Hyppy »

Yes! Or rather I had to plug a hole way smaller than would normally need it, like 2mm ish.

That said, I've felt that all sealant I've tried over the years (WTB, then Muc-Off, and now Peaty's) suffers in wet conditions so wasn't overly concerned. Kinda related, I've often had problems with newly replaced narrower (<40mm) tyres leaking all round the bead if conditions are wet. They seem to need a few dry rides to settle down and I've never known whether that was somehow just me being crap at fitting them.
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

MarkW wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:12 pm Have you replaced it since the summer?

"lasts up to 6 months"
Yes, gets replaced every time it punctures, mainly because it all spurts out. I then patch internally and refill. Back to a latex sealant I think, certainly in the winter