Yorkshire Divide - Source to Sea Trail 909km

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Johnallan

Yorkshire Divide - Source to Sea Trail 909km

Post by Johnallan »

The organiser of the Calder Divide Trail seems to be getting more and more ambitious :grin:

https://yorkshiredivide.co.uk/

"We’ve called this the Source to Sea Trail as it takes you from the Pennine moors where many of our rivers begin and many miles later onto the Yorkshire coast and then over the Humber Estuary where the rivers flow into the body of the North Sea. And back to the starting line in Hebden Bridge.

The trail is 909kms long with 12, 950 meters of climbing and the start date is Saturday 25th May, 2024."

I personally love riding in Yorkshire and have enjoyed the longer MTB events - YD200/300, Dales Divide, NYM300 and the Calder Divide Trail. This is quite a step up for me but I've entered and will be looking forward to it.

Anyone else?
In Reverse

Re: Yorkshire Divide - Source to Sea Trail 909km

Post by In Reverse »

Maybe. Was going to do the Dales Divide again after bailing on it last year, the summer is getting VERY congested with evets though.
ton

Post by ton »

i mapped a route last night, taking in all the sources mentioned, i got near the mileage.
it would make a lovely 7 to 9 days tour for me at a leisurely pace, visiting a few hostelries along the way.

so on that not, i may enter, just for the route, and take my time.
Johnallan

Post by Johnallan »

On the entry page it does say the event runs for 5 days. It's quite a commitment to ride nearly 200km/day off-road for 5 consecutive days. Especially if we get a bit of weather.

It's definitely not touring pace for me
Hyppy

Post by Hyppy »

Rather belatedly I've told myself to JFDI and signed up to ride this.
Johnallan

Post by Johnallan »

Nice one! I'm really, really hoping its stopped raining by then