BAM150 project

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

BAM150 project

Post by redefined_cycles »

Simple concept and mainly for those seeking out a completion on the future BAMS (it's not been working for me recently due to a DNS).

Plan a route of 100 miles or so. Include some mandatory hiking sections (or bogs that are designated bridleways if you prefer). Be nice, say hi and be courteous to other trail users. Carry the bike where it's needed (I'm sure you're old enough to judge that... just do some reading or ask on the forum... but not here in this thread please :-bd ).

Feel free to share your route for others if they so wish. Try to complete it in 24H and bivy gear (same as for a BB200 - common sense gear as well as a shelter, mat and a sleeping bag/quilt with a waterproof jacket are all mandatory please) is compulsory. Though you may not need to use it, unless off course you're the 'ride to camp' sort.

Don't think there's owt else to add but do feel free to ask. Hope it works out for anyone who's previously felt a bit 'underpowered, undergeared or underprepared to actual enter/complete a Bearbones200. Which, for the record, isn't designed for those that (add appropriate descriptor here).
redefined_cycles

Re: BAM150 project

Post by redefined_cycles »

My very own Oct route. Hopefully the last outing for the lovely Pinnacle Ramin before it's stripped and shipped.

BAM150 Pym Chair Peaks
https://www.outdooractive.com/en/r/2817 ... al-content