What do you recall from your 2 days (BB200s)

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

MarkW

Re: What do you recall from your 2 days (BB200s)

Post by MarkW »

Wotsits wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:28 am
redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:09 am I remember Wotsits asking Stu after, "what dogshit was that Stu". Reply came back something like, "wasn't like that just lastweek". Standard reply I think :grin:
Was that the year I bumped into you after i'd slept in the disabled loo near Coed-y-Brenin, & we rode back with Mark?
I believe it was. I recall you bragging about your accommodation. Whilst Shaf and I had slept under an excavator! It was at least dry and saved putting up tarps. Facilities were lacking though with none of this fancy instant heating
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Wotsits wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:28 am
redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:09 am I remember Wotsits asking Stu after, "what dogshit was that Stu". Reply came back something like, "wasn't like that just lastweek". Standard reply I think :grin:
Was that the year i bumped into you after i'd slept in the disabled loo near Coed-y-Brenin, & we rode back with Mark?
Thats the one Jason (I think). Was such a surreal feeling when you suddenly turned out from behind that sign (for the trail centre) :lol: , like a gnome. Still can't believe you and Paul (I think) did the downhill track on knobbly roadie tyres.

I was on 3 or 2.8" front and back but still had to sit down and slide some of the sections. Too slippery (for my brain). I really think that had it not been for the both of you suffering simultaneously as myself through the big-puddles forest I may have ended up sitting down for a little 'reflection'.

When you called Stu to see if he would come pick me up I thought you was having a right laff. Think it did me the trick though as I tried to keep up after that - reverse psychology :grin:

NB. For reference, if anyone is thinking of entering and reads this - NO, STU WILL NOT COME PICK YOU UP... wrong ride!
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

MarkW wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:52 am
Wotsits wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:28 am Was that the year I bumped into you after i'd slept in the disabled loo near Coed-y-Brenin, & we rode back with Mark?
I believe it was. I recall you bragging about your accommodation. Whilst Shaf and I had slept under an excavator! It was at least dry and saved putting up tarps. Facilities were lacking though with none of this fancy instant heating
I was so made up with my nights accomodation, the ability to dry my socks & gloves was a joy.
Tbf under an excavator doesn't sound too bad, i think the previous BB200 i was asleep in the middle of a road at one point..
redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:36 pm
Thats the one Jason (I think). Was such a surreal feeling when you suddenly turned out from behind that sign (for the trail centre) :lol: , like a gnome. Still can't believe you and Paul (I think) did the downhill track on knobbly roadie tyres.
Was another great route that year :-bd

I know, barring a medical emergency, there's no chance of a BearBones broom wagon! I think i was just letting him know that we were still plugging away & our rough eta back
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
redefined_cycles

:lol: thanks again you two/three (MarkW, Wotsits and the lady from Sheffield - I forget the name now it's been so long). That cuppa coffee at the makeshift cafe was, erm, horrible :lol: The person making it was obviously not a coffee person, but it was still welcome and that cake made up for it :grin:
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:10 pm :lol: thanks again you two/three (MarkW, Wotsits and the lady from Sheffield - I forget the name now it's been so long). That cuppa coffee at the makeshift cafe was, erm, horrible :lol: The person making it was obviously not a coffee person, but it was still welcome and that cake made up for it :grin:
Andrea!
redefined_cycles

Yup... Andrea. I was trying to think of her forum name which I can't believe I forgot...
psling

Post by psling »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:59 pm Yup... Andrea. I was trying to think of her forum name which I can't believe I forgot...
TrepidExplorer :cool:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

psling wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:26 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:59 pm Yup... Andrea. I was trying to think of her forum name which I can't believe I forgot...
TrepidExplorer :cool:
Thats the one Pete! :grin:

I dare to imagine what her memories of us were on that ride :lol:

Her forum name always reminds me of Farawayvisions, the Irish lady who used to be on here, think her name was Meraid?