Hydrapak customer service - 11/10

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Hydrapak customer service - 11/10

Post by redefined_cycles »

I assume Solomon would be in the same ball park. Doesn't seem like a company that would wish to fob you off (as Arcteryx tried with the delaminating shoes within 3 months of ownership, but eventually agreed to sort it).

My exp of the Hydrapak reservoir is that the rubber washer which makes the plug and play (3L with baffle to make into a 2.5L) seal properly started leaking randomly some months ago (actually maybe half year earlier or longer). This was after at least 2 years of ownership and I continued using it. Happy in the fact that they fofer the lifetime warranty that may or may not work.

Now yesterday when planning not to take the reservoir for the weekends ride due to being too risky. As in, when you unplug the hose to make topping up easier - so leaving the hose threaded into whatever you're carrying it in/on - cos the rubber washer is naffed it sometimes won't plug back in. But the group thinking is 'to take more than 700ml water', but the res is leaky. Straight away tried to source a washer but the key words took me to Hydrapak US warranty site.

Didn't ask me for my reciept which I'm unsure of where I'd bought (I think UOG). Typed in the info as well as the bite valve looking like it's eaten up inside - probably my fault or my little un biting too hard when it was first bought. Wasn't expecting this fast a turnaround but... Within 1 hour there was an email stating the following:

Jean Billion (HydraPak)

Oct 4, 2023, 2:48 AM MDT
Hi,
We are shipping you today a new tube set with the connector and the valve.
Best regards,
Jean Billion
Hydrapak, LLC | Europe Office
HydraPak Customer Service

St. Egreve, France
TEL +1 / info@hydrapak.com / hydrapak.com
Something both Sonder (or Alpshit, whichever title they prefer) and Arcteryx could probably take a good lesson from. Rest assured my next boots - had to give the Adidazlers in CLD RDY flavour away as they might have been causing back pain due to the tight fitting! - will more than likely be some Solomons or another company with similar robust after service.

Hydrapak customer for life as I'm sure at some point it'll get beyond it's reasonable lifetime or get popped by accident. Just wanted to share.