North Berwick to Anstruther ferry

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

gecko76

North Berwick to Anstruther ferry

Post by gecko76 »

Does it take bikes?

https://www.sulaboattrips.co.uk/cross-f ... ry-service

Have sent them a message but just in case anyone knows. Looks like a good trip, heading back over the bridge.
Tractionman

Re: North Berwick to Anstruther ferry

Post by Tractionman »

there is a Fb page and a reply to a query there,

Sula Boat Trips
Hi Guys, we do ask that you advise when booking if you are planning to bring bikes as space for bikes will be limited on the boat.

but it is from a couple of years ago:

https://www.facebook.com/sulaboattrips/ ... cale=ms_MY

hth
gecko76

Post by gecko76 »

Nice one, thanks
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Oof, didn't realise there was such a thing - could be handy for doing NCN 1 down the coast and missing the big city out!
ripio

Post by ripio »

Not much of a ferry at twice a day on two weekends a month in summer.
gecko76

Post by gecko76 »

True, more of a trip around/across the bay but a shame not to take advantage. No reply to my enquiry but have made a booking for 22nd of next month and let them know about the bike so we'll see what happens.

Any recommendations for cafes in Fife?
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

gecko76 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:59 pm True, more of a trip around/across the bay but a shame not to take advantage. No reply to my enquiry but have made a booking for 22nd of next month and let them know about the bike so we'll see what happens.

Any recommendations for cafes in Fife?
In Anstruther there is a well known chippy which is pretty good, but usually queued out the door. I tend to use the smaller one further along as it's quieter and pretty good. Not sure about cafes in Anstruther but there are a few...

Further west there is a cheap but cheerful cafe in Leven at the east end of the prom - in an old school type beech arcade but fine for all that. As you approach Kirkcaldy from the east there is a good cafe in the old Harbourmasters house in Dysart. Its where the Fife Coast and Countryside Trust have their offices so they have an interpretation centre there too. Cheapo burger bar type kiosk on the southern end of Kirkcaldy prom and there are cafes in Kinghorn, Burntisland and Aberdour which I think are fine, but I've not been in recent years.
gecko76

Post by gecko76 »

Excellent, thanks. Bike space on boat confirmed. Reminds me of a trip to Cornwall back in 2002 and the Mevagissey to Fowey ferry. Highlight then was a production of King Lear at the Minack Theatre. Might check out the woods around Scotland's Secret Bunker (which as I recall has a catflap in the main blast door) for a bivi this time or I've got friends in Burntisland.
Mike

Post by Mike »

The giddy gannet in st monans just down the coast is fabulous, one of my favourite cafes that iv come across on fife so far!
gecko76

Post by gecko76 »

Noted for next time, thanks :-bd